Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new to lasers..HELP!

kinda new to modding lasers..ive got a red laser which i bought recently..wanna make it burn stuffs..hah..any advice on what i have to do? cheers  :)

long story short, you will not be able to mod a red laser pointer into a burning laser. also, all those videos about modding green laser pointers into burners...you either kill the green trying, or it dies within an hour/day/week. sorry! however, if you're good with electronics, you may wanna buy one of senkat's high power red diodes (that actually *are* designed for high powers - they're dvd burner reds), or rip apart an old dvd writer, and make your own high powered burning red for like, oh, $50-60. and welcome to LPF! :)

Make, model and mw's would help us to help you.

Welcome to the forums ;)

Regards rog8811

(i was assuming this was a standard low power red laser pointer? i'm pretty sure those cannot be modded...)

owh..icic..hah..so in order to start "burning" stuffs i hv to remove the LD from a dvd writer and connect it to 3v battery? :eek:

Keep reading......there is more, you have just reached the don't do section at the moment....

Regards rog8811

you get a dvd writer diode (either out of a dvd drive, or one from senkat that's never been used), you stick it in an aixiz module, find a suitable casing for it like certain models of torches (flashlights), build a simple circuit between battery and the laser diode (preferably including a switch!), do a little soldering (not with a cold heat solderer, that'll kill a diode), and you're done! i think that's everything, anyway. also, you'd need like an antistatic wrist strap, because those diodes are *really* static sensitive. alternatively, you may find someone here willing to build one for you for like $70 or $80.

i think i get what u guys meant..but the problem is im only 15 this year..hah..and theres some problems getting a aixiz module :-/ anyone here knows where can i get aixiz module in singapore? :-?

marianne said:
(i was assuming this was a standard low power red laser pointer? i'm pretty sure those cannot be modded...)

sure the can

rip out old diode

replace with high powerd diode  mod / replace the driver and your set

10 minuts of work max  if ofcourse the old and new diode are both  5 mm type

alternatively u could also just buy one

http://www.laser-man.co.uk/2006/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11&Itemid=40

02072007604.jpg

and do this with it

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j...0mw pointers/?action=view&current=Cap0001.flv

220 mw version in action :D

laserfreak3d said:
[quote author=marianne link=1192015102/0#3 date=1192022641](i was assuming this was a standard low power red laser pointer? i'm pretty sure those cannot be modded...)

sure the can

rip out old diode

replace with high powerd diode  mod / replace the driver and your set

10 minuts of work max  if ofcourse the old and new diode are both  5 mm type

[/quote]

erm..but mine diode seem to look very different from those in dvds writer :eek:

this is wad it looks like..LOL
looks cheap huh ;D

Attachments

• DSC01421.JPG
    DSC01421.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 384
Ahh ok  that should have a 5 or 3 mm diode inside.
Should be able to see if u make a picture of the back side of the brass barel

yep but most of the time the diode is pressed in

and in most cases u cant remove the diode without killing it