Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new to forum and to lasers

I just finished my first blu ray build. Purchased the diode, mounted in focusing module and parts to build current regulator from e-bay.
I have access to machine shop equipment, so I decided to build my own host. Knowing that heat is a diode killer, I used  inch and one half aluminum round stock which I bored a 15/32" hole for the module to slip into (I used heat sink compound in addition) Snug fit, should dissipate plenty of heat.I bored the rest of the round stock to inch and one eighth to allow room for the current regulator and 9 volt battery. Added a cap to the end and a switch and sprayed it flat black.   Pictures to follow soon.
I set the regulator to 102mv as measured across a one ohm resistor in series with the diode.
After thoughts:  I would like to use 3  CR123A batteries in my next host build for a slimmer body. I also would like to find a better switch such as found on better flashlights (rubber sealed pad click on, click off)
Any ideas where I might find a source for the switch? It came with an acrylic lens, is glass better? It seems to focus well and pops balloons easily. ;D
I welcome any comments, thoughts and suggestions.

Welcome to the Forum... A wealth of Laser related info here... but
you need to read... reads and read some more...

Congratulations on your first Lase build... we can't wait to see photos
of your build...

Jerry

Welcome, and please post some pics. Its nice to see a first time poster who has already made a laser.
Reading old postings and the search are very useful things to do in this forum. For instance, the glass aixiz vs. acrylic aixiz has been covered to death here. :) (glass aixiz is coated for red, so not good for bluray) 9V battery may not live long in this application, your idea of 3 x CR123 is good. 3 x CR2 works well too. DX sells switches, but shipping is slow sometimes. Their clicky switches are dirt cheap, however, so usually worth the wait.