Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New to dildas :)

Hello everyone!

I decided this week to order the sweet 200mW laser from DX with CR2 rechargeables + charger, but I just saw, that my order will not get shipped for at least a week thanks to the chinese new year. Do you have any tips where to order it from if I want to receive it fast? Or there are no faser ways, cause everyone is celebrating new year?

Thanks for the advices,
a laser fan from Hungary :)

this is what susan said me:

YOUR QUESTION :(realista)

i have an important question. the 2 batteries are at 3 or 3.6 volts each?.

i hope at 3.6 volt. and...do you GUARANTEE that the power is at least 180mw?

OUR ANSWER :

It is 3V . yes ,we guarantee it is at least 180mw

Any other questions ,pls feel free to contact with me

so....the good thing is that they guarantee at least 180mw..... WITH 3volt vattery. so..... if you put in 3.6 volt... you could easily have about 230 /240 mw!

the bad thing is that the battery and the CHARGER is'n at 3.6 volt.specually the charger....:( so if you want have 3.6 volt you must do another buy...battery 3.6 + a new charger for 3.6 volt :(

Then I better stick to DX, because I already placed the order and they aren't that much more expensive.

you got an increase of 39mW or about 21.8%. 180mw *120/100=216 and this is the power you should get wit che o like dilda...guaranteed 180mw. BUT.. if the dilta reaches 200mw with 3v battery.. 200*120/10= 240

so...with a bit of luck....240 mw with two 3.6v batteries is possible

another question... you said that with the new freshly charged 3.6V CR2s your 179mW Dilda outputs
218mW.....SO...when the battery is freshly charged is at aboit 4.2volt.......... totally 8.4 volt... but you said :
I just did a test up to 8 Volts regulated and got 257mW... i don't inderstand........excuse me!!

with 8volt....or 2*cr2 3.6 volt...what is the power you reached? 218 or 257?

realista said:
you got an increase of 39mW or about 21.8%. 180mw *120/100=216 and this is the power you should get wit che o like dilda...guaranteed 180mw. BUT.. if the dilta reaches 200mw with 3v battery.. 200*120/10= 240

so...with a bit of luck....240 mw with two 3.6v batteries is possible

another question... you said that with the new freshly charged 3.6V CR2s your 179mW Dilda outputs
218mW.....SO...when the battery is freshly charged is at aboit 4.2volt.......... totally 8.4 volt... but you said :
I just did a test up to 8 Volts regulated and got 257mW... i don't inderstand........excuse me!!

with 8volt....or 2*cr2 3.6 volt...what is the power you reached? 218 or 257?

N/P...

Using the 3.6V rechargeable batteries with THAT particular Dilda 179mW laser (I own many more
than 1) I had an increase of 39mW...
If your new laser is 180mW and you have an increase of 39mW.... How can you say that YOUR laser
will output 240mW with 3.6V batteries.. :-? :-? :-?

Before jumping to conclusions and mixing the data on 2 different threads.... you need to read
all the posts on those 2 separate Threads that I linked to... to understand
the tests performed..
The 2 threads speak of 2 different tests with 2 different Dilda Lasers and 2 different power sources...

The first Thread Link discussed the Max Outputs that I attained using a Regulated Power Supply...

The Second Thread Link discussed the difference in using 2pc 3.6V Recargeable batteries as
compared to 2pc 3.0V batteries...

The 2 threads demonstrates that the DX200 Red Dilda laser driver is not regulated
(or at least very badly regulated)...
And it has has been shown on the Dilda related threads on LPF... that up to now...
to my knowledge... no 2 Dildas were ever shipped from DX with the same output powers. ::)

I hope that your Dilda will be your "guaranteed" 180mW.... then you can test it a let us
know if youget 240mW with the 3.6V batteries like your calculations show... :)

Jerry

BTW... what type of meter will you be testing the output of your new Dilda...

Stop worrying about those mWs. If you are unlucky you can't do much (actually you can't even check if you were unlucky)... You may equip your dilda with some 3.6V CR2s, but that shortens its lifetime.

givemesome said:
Stop worrying about those mWs. If you are unlucky you can't do much (actually you can't even check if you were unlucky)... You may equip your dilda with some 3.6V CR2s, but that shortens its lifetime.

Guess you didn't read the Thread links....  ::)

If I can get 322mW out of a Dilda with the stock driver for short on times... :eek:

The stock Dilda will easily take 2pc 3.6V batteries... without shortening it's lifetime... IMO
Unless your talking about a few minutes or maybe a few hours... :cool:

Jerry

givemesome said:
Overdriving is just overdriving :p I wouldn't risk my laser for those extra mWs :p

Your choice... :cool:
Don't tell me that a 200mW Dilda that puts out 200mW is overdriven... :-? :-? :-?

I'm not saying..... drop everything a run out and get some 3.6V batteries for your Dilda...

I'm just saying... If you are unhappy with your 200mW Dilda outputting 150mW then there
is an easy fix... ::)

No one has ever seen the Specs for the Dilda from the manufacturer.... :-?
maybe the Dilda was originally designed to use the 3.6V Batteries.... :-/

Maybe that's why majority of the Dildas are Under Powered.... Maybe... ::)

Jerry

I live in hungary, so I don't have to mess with customs :)
For the ones in USA, yeah, maybe they will...

laserbbe... i don't have a LPM.... :-/ i know you make good LPM.. but i will buy a lpm only when i will have a lot of laser....at least 3 laser...and NOW...i'm yet waiting for the replacement of the 100mw red laser pen from DX. i'll make a review. my previuous same laser... was very underpowered...about 30...20mw..i think.but the replacement i hope should be about 70mw...hovewer some owner of this laser... in the DX reviews...sayd that can FASTLY pop baloons and someone burm matches. ...and to burn matches...i think the laser is at least 80/90mw....or 100.

i'm waiting to buy che dilda....for 3 reasons. i would play a bit with the 100mw laser... now... and i'm waiting for a good exchange euro >dollars ;D about 1.4 dollar=1 euro i would. :p
3 reason...i don't know WHERE to buy a VERY GOOD cr2 battery...i just find trustfire..ecc... and not great valued marks such as LG ad others..(sanyo..)

1question........could you put 2* cr123r battery in your dilda?or the dilda is too short?.....the problem of interting with 2 cr123r is also che width of the dilda tube?

realista said:
1question........could  you put 2* cr123r battery in your dilda?or the dilda is too short?.....the problem of interting with 2 cr123r is also che width of the dilda tube?

The Dilda is bit too short to put 2 CR123 batteries in it.... the CR123R batteries are 32.50mm long
and the CR2 batteries are 25.25mm long...

Jerry