Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new to boards, new laser fan, spymodex help

boomo

just got into the laser thing, bought a 125mw from spymodex, and just wondering if i have been had. it wont light an old wooden match i found, but it does make holes in black garbage bags. im ok if i jumped the gun and didnt buy the best i could, but just wondering what you guys think of spymodex. there email support was very good and i got it in only about a week from the UK. i also wonder what is the best i can buy out there in the 400.00 to 600.00 range if the one i bought isnt what it should be. thanks in advance

man, i wish i had that price range :D, ive have never bought from spymodex, i wouldve gone with nova, theyy sell great lasers, and you need to buy some safety goggles, one person on this forum has done eye damage to himself from a laser :'(

Things

Spymodex is known for crap underpowered lasers. I'd say go for Nova, laserglow or optotronics, they are the nest laser companies out there.

you probably just needed to focus the laser if you wanted to light a match, try using a magnifying glass to get the dot as small as possible...

Spymode is the original scammer for unfiltered underpower lasers. Their 150mW units put out 20mW on a good day. Its just total BS.