Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New things I just noticed on a few companies

DL took down the no handhelds to US and ( I noticed this a while ago) NOVA have this message whenever they are Emailed

Dear Customer,

Thank-you for your inquiry with NOVAlasers!

Please note that we will be away from the phones and unable to answer email between Friday September 05 and Wednesday September 17. Normal business hours as well as email replies will resume on Wednesday September 17.

Orders will be shipping as usual and urgent email regarding orders will be answered.

Thank-you for your patience with our company and we look forward to serving your needs as soon as normal business hours resume.

NOVAlasers Staff
www.novalasers.com

Whats going on there?

VW

DL have stopped shipping to the US ONLY during the Olympics.  That period must have now ended...

As for Nova Lasers, apparently they're swamped by a hurricaine, IIRC.  Someone posted about it somewhere...

VW said:
DL have stopped shipping to the US ONLY during the Olympics.  That period must have now ended...

As for Nova Lasers, apparently they're swamped by a hurricaine, IIRC.  Someone posted about it somewhere...

I think that was Aixiz. I believe Nova is in Canada.

VW

RA_pierce said:
[quote author=VW link=1221520363/0#1 date=1221520817]DL have stopped shipping to the US ONLY during the Olympics.  That period must have now ended...

I think that was Aixiz. I believe Nova is in Canada.[/quote]
Indeed it was Aixis, my bad. Seemed kind of a coincidence Nova's contact servcies are halted. As for that, I don't know.

I have an order pending with Aixiz, since they're located in Houston, Texas that got hit with Hurricane Ike and did $22 Billion dollars worth of damage, I'm not sure what the status will be with them. I saw the news feeds on TV from the coast line and downtown Houston, and it looks bad.

yeah, of my 11 years of existence i haven't ever had a hurricane come here in Ontario.We do get a fair bit of rain from some of them.

Justin

Just to clear this up:

Nothing happened to Novalasers, but Magdalena is overseas on a vacation, which she surely deserves! She's their only customer service person so I don't think they will take calls but some emails may be replied to if they are urgent. I think Novalasers will be back to normal on Thursday/Friday of this week.

And no, we don't get hurricanes in Ontario. We also don't get earthquakes, forest fires, poisonous animals, floods or plagues of locusts. ;)

Pretty boring place, if you ask me.

Justin said:

Beautiful, too, though. Well, the bits I saw: Toronto and Algonquin Highlands. Compared to some places, the kind of 'boring' you've got going on up there is preferable.

electron said:
I have an order pending with Aixiz, since they're located in Houston, Texas that got hit with Hurricane Ike and did $22 Billion dollars worth of damage, I'm not sure what the status will be with them. I saw the news feeds on TV from the coast line and downtown Houston, and it looks bad.

Same here.
Still waiting. Hopefully they're still ok.
Has anyone heard from them lately? The last thing I remember hearing about them was that they should be back in business by Tuesday (the 16th) but it doesn't seem like that's the case.

Well I'd prefer that boring to the hot, dry, dead place I live in.
:(

Yes Aixiz is back up and running apparently, I received an email yesterday telling me they just shipped out to me.

Ace82

I placed my order for 10 blanks from Aixiz on the 9th and got an email that they shipped on the 16th.  Still to reach my mail box though... :-/ should be here in a few days.

Shipped out on the 16th? that's only 3 days as of today, and I'm not sure about your mail; but today's mail hasn't even arrived for me yet.  I would think 3 days is not long for TX > CA, It takes priority shipping for me to get them in that time frame. I'm sure they'll arrive soon.

Ace82

Just got this email from Aixiz right now!:

AixiZ took a direct hit from hurricane Ike which has closed our offices for 8 days, just reopening today.

This has affected orders as far back as September 4th since our staff had to leave early to protect their homes, or in some cases, evacuate.

Our operations are back to normal and we please request your patience while we get everything caught up.

Take care,

AixiZ LLC staff Chuck, Xia, Chris, Joe, Tram and Kevin

Chuck Maricle PhD

AixiZ Service and International
5107 Del Monte Drive
Suite 7
Houston, Texas 77056
USA

Interesting I didn't receive that email, so I just went back and checked the email I did get from them; they included a tracking number which does show the package is in route. So I guess they are still playing catch-up with many orders.........good to hear they are able to get their business back in some type of order; from what I seen on TV I was thinking it was going to take longer than that.

I haven't gotten any email notifications or anything. The last thing I got was my "order process" email eleven days ago.
:-/