Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New stuff coming to Spaghetti soon

Just wanted to let you know of some new stuff coming to Spaghetti. I'm almost finished adding multi-projector support so if you have 2 dacs and 2 projectors you can write a show that sends completly different images to each one. It will be a nice way to combine beam shows and graphic shows. I know most people only have one scanner but with the prices getting as cheap as they are I think that might change.

I'm also adding support for TTL and DMX devices so that you can easily control foggers, lumia wheels, strobes, or even those cheap DMX controller laser scanners. You could even create shows that only use these devices (no lasers) and create some pretty cool light shows I guess.

There will also be a lot of improvements to the user interface once I get the above finished and bug free. I am also going to improve the blanking/optimization routines. And, I have a lot more planned, too!

AWESOME!! I can't wait! Will this DMX support allow me to cue frames and sequences and sync them to a live beat? That's a feature I'd love to see from Spaghetti.. Can't wait to hear more about this..

AWESOME!! I can't wait! Will this DMX support allow me to cue frames and sequences and sync them to a live beat? That's a feature I'd love to see from Spaghetti.. Can't wait to hear more about this..

Yes, you will be able do that but you will need a DMX controller and a DMX controlled scanner. Most of the cheap scanners come with a DMX card and a basic USB-DMX controller will run you about $60. I guess that is one alternative to a full blown setup with a DAC.

There is a lot of stuff you can do with DMX like control relays, or dim lights, control fog machines, etc. Look into it if you are interested.

Will there be and driver conflicts if you are using 2 sound card dacs on 1 laptop?

Unfortunately, yes and it is out of my control. You will not be able to use two sound card DACs at the same time due to a limitation of the soundcard drivers. You would be able to use 1 sound card DAC and another non-sound card DAC, though. Maybe in the future you will be able to use 2 sound card DACs but I don't know for sure.

Things

DMX control sounds awesome. I need to buy a new sound card and rebuild it, I miss Spaghetti and all those Zoof games ...

Yes, it is laser show software. It is for making laser shows that are synchronized to music. It is timeline based and the idea is that you drag laser animations onto the timeline so that they are played with the music. In addition, the new things I am working on will allow you to control other things like lights, fog machines, etc. You could even use it to make your Christmas lights play shows.

Sound amazing if it's compatible with wallmart fogger.
I want a lasershow!!!

You would need a fogger with TTL or DMX control. A cheap walmart fogger won't have either of those. But, you can buy TTL or DMX controlled relays pretty cheap that you could use to control them. You'd need to know a little about electronics to get it going.

Things

You would need a fogger with TTL or DMX control. A cheap walmart fogger won't have either of those. But, you can buy TTL or DMX controlled relays pretty cheap that you could use to control them. You'd need to know a little about electronics to get it going.

I converted my fog machine to DMX using a DMX relay kit:

IMG_1461.JPG

If anyone wants some help with doing that I would be happy to help :)

I read on PL that you were having electrical problems with that when the fog machine turned on. Did you solve that problem? If so, how?

Things

I read on PL that you were having electrical problems with that when the fog machine turned on. Did you solve that problem? If so, how?

The problem is with the fog machine itself, the pump induces EMP into the mains power line (Which I havent fixed yet, but it is fine at larger distances), the remote itself works flawlessly :)