Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Smileys, and instructions to add images to your posts.

Hey hey. :wave:

I think we need more Smileys, so I compiled some of my favorites. This thread is also a lesson on how to add an image to a post, because unlike this forum's smileys, mine are off site like most images people add to posts. Simply right click a Smiley below, and follow these steps.

Here we go.

To add an image to a post.

1. Find the image you want to add, then right click 'Copy image location'. Other browsers may have a different wording. Some you can right click the image, and select 'Properties'. From there you can 'Copy' the URL listed.

2a. This is if you have WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) mode enabled. If you dont have it enabled dont fret, I will explain how to do it without enabling it. If you want to enable the mode, look below for directions.*

OK, after you have copied the image's location go to your post. Keep in mind the image will appear where your cursor is located. Click the image box
insertimage.gif
on top of the post box. A small box will appear.

2mzjvhf.jpg

Right click and 'Paste' the image's URL address in this box, and click 'OK'. That's it. You should see the image where your cursor was.

2b. Another way to do it is to follow step 1. Then in the post, where you want the image located, type
B]' to add the URL. At the end of the URL type [B]
. After you hit 'Post reply' the image will appear.

Its bad forum etiquette to post images over 800 pixels in size. So please keep an eye out for image sizes.

Thats it!!! Simply right click on any smiley below, and follow the steps. Once you get the hang of it, its very fast.

* To enable WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) mode, click 'User CP' in the top left of the forum page. The page will open and you will see 'Your Control Panel' to the left. Follow the list down to 'Edit options' and click it. Scroll down to the bottom of the page till you get to the 'Message Editor Interface'. In that box is a drop down menu. Select 'Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing'. Then click 'Save Changes", and you're done.

Last edited:
Reactions: ICU

Attachments

• fighting0018.gif
    fighting0018.gif
    2 KB · Views: 784
Last edited:

Asherz

Thanks TJ! Good idea, and I never realised there was a WYSIWYG editor, I enabled that now, should make my life a little easier.

If the system lets me +rep :) Cheers :beer:

No problem. Yeah it gives you way more options. Going to take me a while loading smileys, so bear with me.

You forgot the bunny!
To all members:
Please do not aim laser smileys at people
Thats what the bunny is for...

xx.gif
bunny.gif

Rafa

I could actually make a script to make this easy. Just request it and I'll make it.

The samileys will be in the same place as the resto of smiles, and will be added by clicking on them.

I dont know if the admin will go for that. He is very particular with the software. But thank you.

Rafa

I dont know if the admin will go for that. He is very particular with the software. But thank you.
it would be a user-side scrpt, nothing on the server side

you know, greaemonkey, userscripts, etc

Kevlar

Cool idea T.J. I got one for ya
threestooges.gif

There is a lot more than that I have and can upload if anyone wants.
hat.gif