Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new server update

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
network portion setup

working on getting requierd modules / etc

30% done project

hoping to finish this weekend if possible

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
4gb RAM for new server, 8gb on old was a little bit of overkill

new server / hardware firewall will be $240/month instead of $393 . host is giving me a great deal=)

i will also be lowering the montly donations goal as well

altho slightly less powerful overall more economical option... greatly improved backup method tho =)

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
i would highly recommend limestone networks to anyone looking for extremely reliable unmanged dedicated servers. the support is unreal, ppl usually responding in minutes of a request=)

note: icestorm is great too and i had used them before the dedicated servers for VPS hosting. they dont offer dedicated anymore. for VPS or shared hosting i recommend icestorm

i didn't know that servers cost that much. Now I understand the donating a lot more. Thanks for spending your money for us! :thanks:

KiLLrB

4gb RAM for new server, 8gb on old was a little bit of overkill

new server / hardware firewall will be $240/month instead of $393 . host is giving me a great deal=)

i will also be lowering the montly donations goal as well

altho slightly less powerful overall more economical option... greatly improved backup method tho =)

Sweet how long will it take to migrate the forums over? Will LPF be down for a few hours?

Excellent deal on the new server. How much harddrive space you got cooking up there

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
the project will prob take another week or so

DNS changes might cause a few hours of down time
however, zero down time if ppl just update their hosts file to point to the new IP, and change it back once the DNS propogation is done