Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New rayfoss 50 greenie

I think this is the right place to post this. Today, I received my 50 mW flx from rayfoss. After seeing all these bad stuff about rayfoss lately, I was nervous. But it's a awesome quality laser.

This is my first laser that isn't attached to a key-chain. and all I can say is WOW! I can see the beam MUCH better than I thought I could,even in light areas! Also, the quality is, well, I honestly can't imagine better quality. NO scratches, completely straight, it's just amazing! I haven't tried burning except for trash bags (poking holes in them) , but I will soon. Just a question, can I use any color balloons, as long as I black sharpie it? B/C black balloons are kinda hard to find.

I might post a full review, but this was just me kinda trying to show everyone that rayfoss isn't as bad as everyone is saying right now. I'm not doubting what you guys said, but I'm just talking from experience.

Just a side note, the laser came with the <50 mW label. I thought it came with the 5 mW label:thinking:

Never heard any bad things about Rayfoss. Using a sharpie should be fine, but I think it's still inferior to black baloons. The label should say whatever the power is. It's not an issue for you because it's not illegal to own one, just to import it. So as long as Rayfoss expected to pass customs, there is no need to advertise it as underspec.