Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*New* Rayfoss 200mW IR filtered laser?

www.rayfoss.com

This is a new laser at RayFoss. It's a little over $300 after shipping but i had a few questions, im not sure about this one. $300 is alot of money for a laser to me.

Question 1- Since its rated 200mW after IR filtering is it going to be 200mW's of pure green? And what are the noticeable differences between IR filtered and non IR filtered?

Question 2- Is this laser worth the money? Is there something better for the same price?

Question 3- I'm sure you noticed it comes with a nice case and the laser has a key lock. Would that make it legal to ship to the U.S? If not how would i go about getting it shipped?

Thanks in advance.
-Blake

#1, It SHOULD be 200mW's of pure green, but that depends on how good the IR Filter is, & you can't tell any difference between an IR filtered & a non IR filtered laser with your eyes. Only an LPM will show you the difference.
#2, I've dealt with RAYFOSS a LOT & IMHO, I think that for what you get, that it's worth the money.
#3, From what I can see from the photos, it LOOKS like that laser is FDA compliant with all 5 safety features.
My synopsis, It looks loke a very good deal, from a reputable Co. & the owner FAONA, is a peach of a lady to deal with. rob

#1, It SHOULD be 200mW's of pure green, but that depends on how good the IR Filter is, & you can't tell any difference between an IR filtered & a non IR filtered laser with your eyes. Only an LPM will show you the difference.
#2, I've dealt with RAYFOSS a LOT & IMHO, I think that for what you get, that it's worth the money.
#3, From what I can see from the photos, it LOOKS like that laser is FDA compliant with all 5 safety features.
My synopsis, It looks loke a very good deal, from a reputable Co. & the owner FAONA, is a peach of a lady to deal with. rob

I have never dealt with RayFoss, but I too have heard that Faona is a great person to buy from. Thanks for the feedback

-Blake

Martin

Is anyone know how to talk to Faona except e-mail? Because I wait for 3 days with no answer.Thanks in advance.:thanks: