Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

New noob!

MisterAndy

Hello, LPF folks.

I've been lurking on here for a while and reading, but only recently made an account to post for myself -- wanted to read up a bit on lasers in general first, and see how the forum generally operates.

I'm a mid-20s programmer in Washington, US and have always had some interest in things which operate in some non-intuitive way (Magnets, lasers, computers, etc). Fun to play with, and fun to research. That being said, neodymium might be the best thing ever.

I've got a spectacular 2.4w+ 445nm laser made by the great Blord, and I've been having a lot of (careful) fun with it. I've got that uneasy feeling that I may have an expensive hobby coming on... I'm looking around the forums now to find a nice lower-power green that's small and at-spec.

In case any admins read these introduction posts, I wanted to mention that "read the stickies" is quite a thing to ask of someone, as there are a LOT of stickies everywhere and some of them are LONG LONG LONG, especially trying to catch up on their full threads. It's far from clear what a newbie should actually know, aside from just trying to read the War And Peace of stickies strewn around. I've read quite a bit, but it seems like more keep popping up. heh.

Reiign

Welcome dude! Its very expensive i keep buying things. I cant stop XD

upaa27

Welcome man! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Be sure to buy some safety goggles!

Hap

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums! :)

-Alex

MisterAndy

Welcome MisterAndy, good to see yet another here from Washington.

Alan
I probably live pretty close to you -- I'm right near the King-Snohomish county line. Right on!

(Also it just occurred to me that my profile says Bellevue because I was at work when I created it, and didn't think about it. heh.)

I probably live pretty close to you -- I'm right near the King-Snohomish county line. Right on!

(Also it just occurred to me that my profile says Bellevue because I was at work when I created it, and didn't think about it. heh.)
You can manually change it under User CP at the top left. Right under all the ads :D

SilverFire

Welcome to the forums!
Hope you learn what you need and enjoy your time here!