Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New LSX Graphics/Abstract show "Pump up the Volume"

here's a new graphic/abstract show i've been working on. this show is to the awesome "pump up the volume" song by MARRS and is *loosely* based on the music video.

i did the 3d work in lightwave and the ilda conversion with ildsos.

one of the best songs to come out of the 80's. ;)

programmed in laser show express (LSX) and an etherdream dac.

Nice work there Swamidog.
Lots of elements that really invoke that sense of layered video. Very cool !
I would think that it will be very popular in a short time.

Those are amazing graphics! That must've been a lot of work! Cool video!

thank you!

the graphics were pretty time consuming, but i worked out a fairly easy workflow to go from jpg frames to an ilda anim. i can post my research if anyone is interested.

i kind of cheated, by generating one or two 3d rotational transforms to a stationary object in my 3d software (lightwave 3d), and then doing all the xy motion and scaling in LSX. that allowed me to re-use graphic sequences without it being too painfully obvious.

in the scenes were there are multiple animations, such as the blue voyager probe and the yellow ringed planet. these were rendered as individual stationary animations. i imported the animations in LSX and then did the layering and motion there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UL_Y5NDwKI

this approach gave me a ton of flexibility and meant i didn't have to re-render the sequence to change how an object moved across the frame.

Those are amazing graphics! That must've been a lot of work! Cool video!

Last edited:
here's a new graphic/abstract show i've been working on. this show is to the awesome "pump up the volume" song by MARRS and is *loosely* based on the music video.

i did the 3d work in lightwave and the ilda conversion with ildsos.

one of the best songs to come out of the 80's. ;)

programmed in laser show express (LSX) and an etherdream dac.

I'm speechless. :drool:

Things

Hehe, now every time I hear this song in the Cadbury ad I'll remember this show :D