Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new - long time interest first time enthusiast

Helloz :)
Greetings from the land down under guys, im new and as you can see from my topic title i've been intrigued by lasers for a long long time now, first time i had some hands on experience with one was about 9 years ago with a  <1 mw red diode laser which quickly died probably due to the fact of know little to nothing about electronics and thresholds of components. Well some time has passed and i've done to some degree studies in electrical technology and can somewhat understand what some of what you guys are saying  :D. But i cant believe a forum like this exists soo cool. Anyhow getting to the point i was soo impressed with the information being handed out that im either. Going to make a unit myself or if that fails im going to be throwing some money at Kenom begging him to help me with one : ). Wish me luck guys : ) ;D....

OHH btw I forgot to mention i'll be your brother from downunder... :) land of KANGAROOOS also anyone else here from Australia ? we don't get many laser fanatics around here i think

Things

i'm from Aust.! ;) whreabouts do you live? welcome to the forum! ;) and kenom is not the only person that will be able to help you out alot! there are alot of other knowledgeable members here! ;)
enjoy the forum! ;)

Hi Things : ) woohooo im in NSW west : ) nice to meet you : )
yah i know lots of people that know alot.. right now im getting stuck into removing the LD from my old dvd burner i don't think it'll be any good though since its a dead DVD burner :-[ but hey worth a try. Is Senkat the only one that supplies DVD LDs ?or would i be able to get one from someone in australia ?
i don't mind buying from internationals too tho : ) so its all good. just closeness

Lagoramus: Im in adelaide, SenKat is great to deal with! about 2 weeks delivery though.
For paying etc: currency converter and use PayPal for paying. Unless you have a credit card, then use google Checkout.
And yes, SenKat is the only one selling them.
I can sell you a <200mw red laser though if you like... Made from a SenKat diode.

Hi Bluefusion. : ) im okay with paypal
im a regular ebayer.
As for the dvd laser can anyone direct me into a where i can find a guide or something to show me how to ge the LD out of my DVD ? its rammed in there and i literally cant rip it out.
Thanks guys.

S

SenKat

Lagoramus - use some nippers to snip away at the heatsink GENTLY ! Take a peek around the experiments and mods section - there are tons of guides there on diode removal, insertion, optimization, murder, and resussitation ! Welcome to the BEST forum on the net :)

Greg

ahh coolies thanks senket : )
will do i'll post up a image when i finally get it out : )

Lagoramus:
As SenKat suggested, we (you, me, things) could combine SenKat laser diode orders to Aust to save postage!
As in, you all order, he sends to one of us, we post some to the other 2
Gotta work out if its actually cheaper tho.

wooo hey im up for that : ) i dont mind. I just didnt think Senkat had any diodes left ... they seemed pretty popular?
BTW did any of you guys find the Dorcy mini flashlight in australia ? lol i been looking for the housing.
Also on another note would it be at all possible to use the Green laser diodes in a similar housing. Im pretty sure looking at the numbers of a green diode i saw on ebay somewhere the numbers might be similar and be able to be driven on Dorcy driver. 3V 330mA was it? anyhow i'll look into it further.
And also i've seen a trend in a few 240mW monster on ebay circulating how long are those rated at 240mW for ? its the pen ones so i wouldnt think there would be a decent heatsink if not a heatsink at all. They look fun fun tho ;D

Lagoramus said:
And also i've seen a trend in a few 240mW monster on ebay circulating how long are those rated at 240mW for ? its the pen ones so i wouldnt think there would be a decent heatsink if not a heatsink at all. They look fun fun tho  ;D
Those 240mW eBay ones are fake, they only put out 30mW max. eBay is FULL of terrible lasers, so never get a laser off eBay. Go with a trusted company, and if you want a higher powered (5mW-50mW) for cheap I really suggest here. They are better priced than a lot of eBay's lasers and the true models are proven to be good.

yes8s

hi guys...

I'm from Melbourne and also a "long time interest first/second time enthusiast"... :)

Anyhow I may be interested in this as well:

BlueFusion said:
Lagoramus:
As SenKat suggested, we (you, me, things) could combine SenKat laser diode orders to Aust to save postage!
As in, you all order, he sends to one of us, we post some to the other 2
Gotta work out if its actually cheaper tho.

Also, I've ordered 2 blue ray assemblies/diodes from DDL and already paid... If anyone wants to jump in for the combined shipping let me know.... I've paid ~$AU14.30 for the shipping ( it's $12 US for the entire order) and I know that a Parcel Post Satchel with AusPost is $AU 5.30 for up to 500 g which is more than enough for these babies.

I.e Instead of $AU14.30+$AU14.30+$AU14.30 ~= $AU43 it would be $AU14.30 + $AU5.30 + $AU5.30 ~= $AU25

So we should save some money on postage that way. Let me know..

Things

welcome to the forum! ;) ;) hmmm sounds like an interesting idea! let me know if you are interested in doing this!
thanks