Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

New laser show "BioSphere Three"

swamidog

Made a new show with LSX, EtherDream DAC, and a laser projector built with the DTR single mode diode kit.

ARG

Pictures mostly :) How big is it?
I imagine you could jam it all in a small space with those diodes.

Pman

K, that's just sick! My LK PD2 can't do that.... How fast are those scanners anyways?

swamidog

Pictures mostly :) How big is it?
I imagine you could jam it all in a small space with those diodes.
the projector is fairly small. only 8"x9"x8".

here are a couple shots of the build process.. i did the artwork on the side panels.

Attachments

crazyspaz

Man, That is sick! Wish I had the know-how to make a projector, that is really really impressive!

swamidog

thanks guys!

when i get this little projector completed, i'll post a build blog and tutorial. it's really quite easy once you've done it a few times.

it's really just all about a little bit of electronics and being precise about drilling and tapping holes to mount things.

Sigurthr

I'm curious what kind of shop you have access to. Those build materials are flawless and construction looks extremely professional! When I was a welder I worked next to a machine shop that put out less clean looking pieces. Excellent work!

swamidog

the cases are being manufactured and sold by some members of photonlexicon and i am blown away by the quality and work being put into them.

SELLING PLS MiCRO and MiCRO XL Laser Housing Platform

they did the hard work. i'm just building the guts.

I'm curious what kind of shop you have access to. Those build materials are flawless and construction looks extremely professional! When I was a welder I worked next to a machine shop that put out less clean looking pieces. Excellent work!

ARG

the projector is fairly small. only 8"x9"x8".

here are a couple shots of the build process.. i did the artwork on the side panels.
That's a beauty. I remember seeing that artwork in IRC. Looks good on the projector.