Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

New guy here.

CudaVert

Hello!

I'm a super duper noob when it comes to lasers.
I actually didn't have any interest in them whatsoever until very recently.

It started with me cleaning my room out and finding a pair of Melles Griot HeNe Lasers that I was given along with a bunch of other electroinic toys a few years back. So I decided to get online and see if I could sell them for a decent ammount. Then I began to get curious about what the fascination with lasers is all about.

Well after watching a few youtube videos and googling I stumbled apon this place and now have a newfound interest in the subject.

I've never seen anything higher than 5mW, but I'm very excited to!

Sadly I have a problem with impulse buying, so after watching the famous "cheepy laser lighter burner" video I was amazed and ordered the kit from laserdiy. After doing more reading on the subject it didnt seem like a good investment. But I suppose it will get me started.

I am well aware of the safety precautions needed when operating such devices.

I thought it was pretty crazy how the guy in that video was pointing that laser right at his eyes when lighting the cigarette.

I have already learned quite a bit from this forum in the past week and plan to continue this learning experience.

Just wanted to introduce myself.

It's an honor to be here!

lasersbee

to the forum...
I see you have done some reading already...
Don't forget to read the FAQs ... the Stickies...
and the Forum Rules...

Enjoy your stay...:yh:

BTW... where are you from...:thinking:

Jerry

CudaVert

Yeah I've been reading the "I want to build a laser" thread for a while. Definitely alot to take in, but worth the good education.
I will be sure to read all the rules and stickies!

Thanks for the friendly welcomes!

I'm from Nebraska btw...

lasersbee

Yeah I've been reading the "I want to build a laser" thread for a while. Definitely alot to take in, but worth the good education.
I will be sure to read all the rules and stickies!

Thanks for the friendly welcomes!

I'm from Nebraska btw...
Was wondering since your User Name is GreenCuda in french..:beer:

Jerry

CudaVert

Haha nice. I actually used that name because of my 69 Barracuda Convertible :beer:

I agree 100% with safety comes first. I kinda enjoy my eyesight. I'm sure my friends do too!