Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Group: "SUNNY SOCAL LASERISTS"

cmak

Just the other day I was searching the groups (which I previously thought there were a whole lot of) and was very surprised :eek: to learn that there is no dedicated group for Los Angeles, SoCal, or even California! So basically I took some initiative :tired: and started a group myself! I know it may not be the the greatest name ever (please post any suggestions you may have for a better name!) but it's good for now and it gets the point across (as does the group avatar :whistle:). This group publicly open to all laser enthusiasts living in the SoCal area (Southern California) and especially in the Extended Los Angeles Area (Ventura County, SB, Long Beach, etc.). If you live in this area and you love lasers, then this is the group to join! I already own the domain football and would be willing to give it to somebody that could make a nice page for the group (if we decide to do this). Hopefully we can arrange some kind of laser-enthusiast-meeting/gathering of some sort in the near future to meet and hang out and (of course) see each others lasers! Well that's about it for the post so let me know what you think and join if you'd like!

:beer:
-cmak

mfo

Just the other day I was searching the groups (which I previously thought there were a whole lot of) and was very surprised :eek: to learn that there is no dedicated group for Los Angeles, SoCal, or even California! So basically I took some initiative :tired: and started a group myself! I know it may not be the the greatest name ever (please post any suggestions you may have for a better name!) but it's good for now and it gets the point across (as does the group avatar :whistle:). This group publicly open to all laser enthusiasts living in the SoCal area (Southern California) and especially in the Extended Los Angeles Area (Ventura County, SB, Long Beach, etc.). If you live in this area and you love lasers, then this is the group to join! I already own the domain football and would be willing to give it to somebody that could make a nice page for the group (if we decide to do this). Hopefully we can arrange some kind of laser-enthusiast-meeting/gathering of some sort in the near future to meet and hang out and (of course) see each others lasers! Well that's about it for the post so let me know what you think and join if you'd like!

:beer:
-cmak

Why is the 671nm laser in your sig white?

daguin

usa.jpg

Peace,
dave

Looks like Canada is part of California....
Or California is a new province....:thinking:

Jerry

I have to speak out for the North Central IOWA chapter of LaZerists. I am the chairman, president, CEO, sec/treas and sole member.
We are holding a meeting with me right now :drunk:

:D:D:D

HMike

KiLLrB

I have to speak out for the North Central IOWA chapter of LaZerists. I am the chairman, president, CEO, sec/treas and sole member.

HMike

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

cmak

HMike

yea, let me know how that goes...

LOL

Why is the 671nm laser in your sig white?
It isn't... it's darkish red. It's a fairly detailed color (should be web-safe though) so it might just be that you're using some odd/old/incompatible browser. I'm using Safari 4.0.2 and getting perfect results (same for my iPhone...). What browser are you using? are other people seeing that line of my sig as being white too?

peace & thanks
-cmak

Last edited:

mfo

yea, let me know how that goes...

LOL

It isn't... it's darkish red. It's a fairly detailed color (should be web-safe though) so it might just be that you're using some odd/old/incompatible browser. I'm using Safari 4.0.2 and getting perfect results (same for my iPhone...). What browser are you using? are other people seeing that line of my sig as being white too?

peace & thanks
-cmak

I was using FF at the time of that post. In IE and Chrome, it's dark red. Strange...

It looks like FF doesn't like the shade known as "DeepPink4" - @cmak, try replacing it with hex #DE0000 instead.

cmak

It looks like FF doesn't like the shade known as "DeepPink4" - @cmak, try replacing it with hex #DE0000 instead.

Thanks, I'll try that (although I'm not sure that LPF accepts hex codes... or at least they didn't work when I tried them earlier).

And thanks, mfo, for letting me know of this problem (as well as everybody that helped by confirming this).

Sticking to the topic though, has anybody joined the group yet? Should I send out invitations or should I just hope that more eyes catch this thread and people will start becoming aware?

peace and thanks
-cmak

roosl

Scanning the thread titles, I kept seeing "Sunny Social Laserists" LOL

I pictured retirees in Florida with walkers shining lasers on their bingo cards. Of course, there is Dave, with his head protector.
:D

Maybe if it wasn't in ALL CAPS, like SoCal.