Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

New from Central Florida - Astrotoo

RDTech

I've been hunting about this blog for a year or so and have learned a great deal re: Blue:violet lasers. I own a large surplus electronics store, specializing in electronic surplus, computers, surveillance equipment / installation. I have been building lasers and importing them since the 670nm/1-5mW was the best and newest devices in town (not to mention, expensive) I have worked at a number of optical R&D companies, love to tinker with lasers and optics. I'm looking forward to learning more and hopefully being helpful to others.

hakzaw1

WELCOME--we have some great members in FL-- where is your store. Do you give LPF members a discount?:shhh:? I may be in your area next week- I like your avatar--is it something you made??---Hakzaw

photonaholic

Welcome to LPF. Enjoy your time with us here.

I have compiled a list of "must read" information, it will make your time with us more productive and pleasant.

Laser Resources (for n00bs and veterans alike!)

http://laserpointerforums.com/f36/looking-build-laser-read-me-47684.html

Sam's Laser FAQ (The Laser Bible)

Sam's Laser FAQ - Preface, Introduction, What is a Laser?, Safety

RP Photonics Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology

Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology - an Open Access Resource of In-Depth Information, Free Articles, Nonlinear and Fiber Optics

I have included a handy guide to assist you in finding what you need. ;)

toogoofy

cool
read up on the stickies so you don't lose diodes on technicalities :oops:
I was in Florida once, Disney world was fun...
see ya around

RDTech

WELCOME--we have some great members in FL-- where is your store. Do you give LPF members a discount?:shhh:? I may be in your area next week- I like your avatar--is it something you made??---Hakzaw
The avatar is my first attempt to make a white light laser. Problem was my small digital camera blocked the deep blue/violet. I have more photos of the same experiment. It did kind of work..

hakzaw1

Very Nice Web site and 52 items on eekbay too.

May have to drop in and check your store out-- thank you for joining us. Hak

Greenmechanic

Welcome to the forum.
I live right around the corner from you, Lakeland.
I'll have to check out your site. It would be great to receive shipped items in 1-2 days.

Last edited:

RDTech

We're always happy to have visitors. We have 20,000 sq/ft of stuff. Maybe we'll start selling laser parts and assemblies (OEM) I can not deal with FDA / CDRH anymore, too much of a hassle. We have a good deal of great machinists here too.

hakzaw1

Had a nice visit with Mitch aka 'Astrotoo' in Melbourne Fl-- Very impressed w/ his laser IQ-- Sure to be an asset to LPF--
hak gives astrotoo 5 stars:yh:

Last edited: