Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New FOCUSABLE 200mW Red on DX

Switch

Or a blu-ray burner diode :D to have a blu-ray dilda-lazor ;D Lol...I don't know about the professionally looking part ::)

put in some 3 volt li-ion non rechargeables burns great lights matches with ease i ordered two lets see when second one comes in if its the same kinda power oh and I ordered cr-2 batteries and charger Imessed up and ordered cr123a should have read a little closer on what battery it took

Finally got it from the PO the other day.
Very impressive for low cost!
I had to pony up the big $$ for the batts at Walgreens since DX just now shipped my rechargables and charger.
Burns great and very bright!

Hey i found out the exact wavelength of it, it seems to be just a normal Dvd diode.

The_LED_Museum Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:19 PM Reply
I received this laser this afternoon (~2:02pm PDT 03-19-08), and I wasted no time in running it through my spectrometer.
Wavelength is 662nm, and the spectral line half width is just ~1.5nm - quite narrow for a diode laser.

Although I don't intend to publish until tomorrow morning (between 5:00am and 7:00am PDT 03-20-08), my evaluation of it is in publishable condition, and can be found at:
http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/fourteen/200mwred.htm

This page includes product and beam photographs, spectrographic & beam cross-sectional analyses, and two movie clips (in .AVI format) showing things being destroyed by the laser's radiation.

Posts (3) | Reviews (0) | Tip Post

Thanks, The_LED_Museum

...lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

Got mine! Popped a balloon at ~30ft!
Does anyone know the safe duty-cycle for these? What's the longest anyone has left one on?
Thanks!
Chris

Benm

yobresal said:
Okay let me put this another another way. These lasers cannot be pot-modded for higher output. I was able to successfully lower the power roughly 10mW on each laser. There is also some point on the pot (right around where it shuts off) where the laser will operate around 1-25mW. After that I was just trying to get the lasers back to where they were to begin with.

This does make me wonder what that pot actually does then. My unit is still en route, so i can't try.

But as i understand, turning it 'up' just causes the driver to heat up without any extra power to the diode, while turning it 'down' does result in lower output power - very odd.

I'll make sure to sharpie-mark the pots position before mucking with it ;)

Switch

Maybe the APC doesn't allow the output to increase beyond that limit :-/ If it has APC, that is.

geo-r

I received mine yesterday ;D.Unfortunately it was faulty. :'(The switch is not contact the battery pole but hey i was easily fix this.
The laser is very good for burning when you focus the beam but compare it with my 100mw red it didnt look much brighter!one could say its the same bright as my 100mw.Compare it with a 50mw green the green one look far more impressive at night as the beam is much more visible.
So this is very good for burning because of the adgustable lens.Anyone know if the diode is from a dvd-r?

Switch

It's probably not from a dvd burner, but it's more or less the same diode found in 16x writers.

Benm

Hmm.. they seem to have a stock problem now..

I ordered one about 2 weeks ago, but it went from packaging back to the problem notice. Has anyone had one actually shipped during the last week or so?

I ordered 3 on the 20th of March
it was shipped on the 26th of March
so I think its just you..

I ordered mine on 3/14, DX said it shipped on the 26th and it finally left hong kong today (3/31)

Benm

Oic.. i ordered 18/3.. the status now says "Processing - Contact us for the latest updates" but there is also a 2nd shipment for the order (ordered multiple items), so i'm a bit curious if they actually sent something off now ;)