Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New FOCUSABLE 200mW Red on DX

Well mine came today..and went...
My regular USPS carrier is on vacation and the fill in idiot didn't read the note I left taped to my mailbox to deliver it to my apartment leasing office and get them to sign for it!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I'm so pissed!
:mad:
I left specific instructions, even had the HK tracking number on the note! My regular carrier always leaves registered mail for me and the girls in the office sign for it!
I left the carrier another note tonight! I'm sure they'll slam it, drop it and kick my package around so if it works I'll be lucky!
I'm leaving town on Thursday so if they don't re-deliver tomorrow I'm screwed till Monday next week!
I so much wanted to take it with me to play...
Oh well...rant over.

There is something weird going on here. These lasers have a shorter wavelength than i imagined they would. I am not suggesting 635nm but maybe 645. I have a 250mW red laser here and I am comparing the beam visibily to that of my red 160mW DX laser. The DX laser beam is noticeably brighter beam!!! I will try to capture images of this. Can anyone here measure wavelength?

yobresal said:
There is something weird going on here. These lasers have a shorter wavelength than i imagined they would. I am not suggesting 635nm but maybe 645. I have a 250mW red laser here and I am comparing the beam visibily to that of my red 160mW DX laser. The DX laser beam is noticeably brighter beam!!! I will try to capture images of this. Can anyone here measure wavelength?

Might it be that the beam (if focused) is a lot more dense and therefore more visible? I know that with my Pulsar's 4mm fat beam, it's practically invisible unless I reduce the beam diameter with lenses like I do here: Video Hopefully someone will be able to measure the wavelength and give us a definite answer, because I've noticed this too. I just thought it was the extra power doing it, but you may be right.

CC

omg... im so stupid
it came today, tried to stick in my cr123 batts
doesnt fit... re read the listing... cr2
anybody know where i can get some cr2 locally lol

me_too_lazy said:
omg... im so stupid
it came today, tried to stick in my cr123 batts
doesnt fit... re read the listing... cr2
anybody know where i can get some cr2 locally lol

Walgreens, CVS, etc. Maybe $14 for a pack of 2 :(

Mine came today, my wife suppose to be at work but she was at home when it arrived, GOOD thing is that she signed for it and is at my house waiting for me, BAD thing is that she didn't know I ordered this and gave a little speach :eek:.

Still 4 hours until I get home to play with it. The rechargable batteries didn't arrived so I will test it with my adjustable DC power supply. I can control the mAh from 10mAh to 3000mAh and 1-18v DC :D

cdesigns said:
Mine came today, my wife suppose to be at work but she was at home when it arrived, GOOD thing is that she signed for it and is at my house waiting for me, BAD thing is that she didn't know I ordered this and gave a little speach :eek:.

Still 4 hours until I get home to play with it. The rechargable batteries didn't arrived so I will test it with my adjustable DC power supply. I can control the mAh from 10mAh to 3000mAh and 1-18v DC :D

LOL ;D I know that speech well... Nothing a few :-*s won't patch up.

The unit I have tested 200+mW using 2 rCR2s with the following specs: 800mAh / 3.47v so you could use that as a baseline.

Cheers, CC

CC I will get video of the beams tonight. I am pretty happy about the visibility.

Curiously_Coherent said:
[quote author=cdesigns link=1204386353/195#200 date=1205947014]Mine came today, my wife suppose to be at work but she was at home when it arrived, GOOD thing is that she signed for it and is at my house waiting for me, BAD thing is that she didn't know I ordered this and gave a little speach  :eek:.

LOL  ;D I know that speech well... Nothing a few  :-*s won't patch up.

The unit I have tested 200+mW using 2 rCR2s with the following specs: 800mAh / 3.47v so you could use that as a baseline.

Cheers, CC[/quote]

I was thinking about setting my powersupply to 6v @ 800mAh and go up to 7v @800mAh (rCR2 = 3.47v x 2 = 6.94v total) I haven't burn a laser diode with this power supply, is very steady.

Attachments

• 14600.jpg
    14600.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 129
Just got home with some new walgreens CR2 batteries and as soon I turn it on I was burning stuff.

I have a few videos but because I'm new (not enought post I guess) I can't post links to the videos. anyone can help me on that I can send the links so somebody else can post them.

Attached are some pictures

Attachments

• laser_Custom.jpg
    laser_Custom.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 324
man the focus cap looks even worse than it does on the DX website ;D

anyway looks like DX has come through with another good and cheap laser :)

MarioMaster said:
man the focus cap looks even worse than it does on the DX website  ;D

anyway looks like DX has come through with another good and cheap laser  :)

The cap is removable  from the lens,  if you invert the lens you will get a straight beam just like any other laser, but it makes a bigger dot than normal lasers.

Attachments

• 100_2959_Large.JPG
    100_2959_Large.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 178
iewed said:
What can you burn with it?

I have burn:

Brown and Black leather
Red and Black matches easily
Black tape
Black paper
Plastic bag
Black clothing
White toilet paper (hard to focus to BRIGHT)
Brown leaf
Cuts thru black foam