Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new!! DX Blue Lasers

D

Dr.LaSeR

DX Released Blue lasers 4 models 5 , 10 , 20 , 30
and price from $424.55 to $688.13
Blue lasers Page > dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.923
?

Shit yea look at the prices. You can get a good blu ray from milos for like 160$

Wesdaman14 said:
Shit yea look at the prices. You can get a good blu ray from milos for like 160$
Milos sells violet lasers not blue ones, blue is MUCH more expensive than violet because blue laser diodes are not currently in mass production. At those prices though I still would rather pay extra and go with an RPL blue.

Lorgar

It says 473nM but also says Bluray I wouldnt count on them been 473nM dpss

diachi

Lorgar said:
It says 473nM but also says Bluray I wouldnt count on them been 473nM dpss

i was jsut about to say that too  ;) ohh well im sure it'll be another quality product from DX  ;D

What the hey. Is it blue or blu-ray?

Judging by the price, blue. But it says blu-ray... man...

they seem to be blue dpss, but who knows with DX, there's also another thread on this subject

It' blue.

Look at the box:
sku_12806_4.jpg

I have that one on my desk right now. It has a pic. of a blue laser, I had that model in green <100 and it was junk.

Murudai said:
That's a green laser on the box.

:-?
I meant the laser with the blue beam in a little square on the box. That's the laser model I have and it's dead now.

Here's what the box says on the back:
blue007-2.jpg

"Brand new laser pointer" -That's a good start. ::)

Inside:
blue004.jpg

It has room for charger and battery.

The problem with mine (532nm) was divergence, mode hop (it didn't do that at first), plastic optics and a crappy switch (it was loose and failed because it wasn't made to handle the current).

DX say that blue's construction material is copper, mine is made out of brass, if that means anything.

Conclusion: Great box! :) The laser on the other hand is sux, and I suspect that the DX-blue won't be much better. :-/

EDIT!: No IR filter.