Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Concept...

S

SenKat

Windstrings and I were chatting earlier, I let him know I just received a few 240mw 650nm 5.6mm diodes - and we were messin around with ideas - check this out - a multiple beam handheld unit. Would that not be truly awesome ? Like 5 diodes lasing at once ! At least until heat claimed them !

Cool looking, yes, but to what use? :D. Have you started playing around with scanners yet SenKat? I think you might find that somewhat more interesting. Also, how do you figure they're '240mW'. I know of 240mW pulsed 658nms for DVD burners, but the CW is only 100mW on them. If we're talking about the same ones, I would warn against running them at 240mW

S

SenKat

Yeah - I saw the whole pw/cw thread - I built out my first one to Steph's specs - I am gonna rebuild it again, and meter it so I can see what it is pushing out....yeah - I am gonna do a spirograph soon - pots and all, looks fun - just gotta get a decent project box to install it all in. And I gotta tear down another cd-rom for the motor :) FINALLY something to do with all the old cd-roms around here ! Woo-hoooo ! They make GREAT paperweights - but post-its keep stickin to them.... :cool:

The beam from a laser diode is typically polarized to a large degree, so the beams from two of them can be combined by running them "in reverse" through a polarizing beamsplitter.