Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New blue ray build:D

Hey guys this is my first dyi laser ive ever made it took me about 2 weeks to research all the stuff about these lasers and such then I finally ordered  the stuff ;D
 When I was soldering I got real nervous that I killed my diode but it all worked out nicely, I was really scared when I first pressed the clicky switch when smoke started to come out, I though it was my diode :eek: but turns out it was just a bridge connection, I removed that and im good to go :p
 I would like to thank darkhorse, drlava, and hightechdealz for all the great quick service they provided ;)
darkhorse and dr lava answered every question that i needed for this build( I was kinda nervous so i kept thinking what if this happened) but it all worked so thanks!
here she is! it uses a flexdrive v3 at 115mA, phr diode, dorcy jr host, darkhorses full body heatsink, aixis acrylic lens and the stock cr123 battery( ultrafire ones on the way) oh yeah it also uses the spring from the original pill of the dr jr.
it has a pretty cool beam too :cool:
I made the lens cap from a roll from tape and super glues a washer on the top and on the opposite side of the washer is plastic sheet glued on to protect my aixis lens, im wating for the clicky tail caps from dx glowy blue ones and black :)

Attachments

• CIMG1902_001.JPG
    CIMG1902_001.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 85

i have tons more pictures but i need 10 posts to post links
ill get them up :'(

Congratulations on a successful first build. :)
Could you resize your pictures to make it easier for people to view them please?

Regards rog8811

diachi

Where did you get that awesome spring for your driver ? :eek:

Could you show me how you attached it to your flexdrive ?
Nice build ;)

so sorry about the pics guys but i posted a the links to the resized ones already :)
I got that spring from the original pill of the dorcy jr and just cut it 8 loops from the funnel part, then soldered it to the + part of the flex drive ;D

Attachments

• CIMG1903.JPG
    CIMG1903.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 77

diachi

elitesniper said:
so sorry about the pics guys but i posted a the links to the resized ones already :)
I got that spring from the original pill of the dorcy jr and just cut it 8 loops from the funnel part, then soldered it to the + part of the flex drive ;D

Ok lol, that helps a little ;D