Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Banner for Stonetek ! NEW DEADLINE !!

Re: New Banner for Stonetek !

Here are two more versions with the physical lasers removed, leaving only the beams. I added a bit more texture and flair to the background, and made two different iterations of the text - one vectorized and one that looks a bit..well..stonier.

stonetekbanner2.png

stonetekbanner2-stony.png

As always - comments and criticisms are appreciated! If I were to animate the banner it would probably be some form of explosion effect with the beams shooting outward and the letters being drawn on.

Last edited:

"stonier", huh ? Wow - I gave up responding to dorks about name slamming a long time ago. (where's the "rolls eyes" icon, dangit ?) My last name is Stoner, hence the name for the company - try to act a tad bit more grown up, especially if you are entering MY contest.

Yes - all the pictures on my site are owned by me, or used with permission - with the exception of my current banner.....so any and all pictures may be used to create a banner for my site. GREAT question, sorry I hadn't gotten around to answering it sooner, been busy with tons of personal items that monopolized my time, and I shall be a little bit more frequent after this weekend.

"stonier", huh ? Wow - I gave up responding to dorks about name slamming a long time ago. (where's the "rolls eyes" icon, dangit ?) My last name is Stoner, hence the name for the company - try to act a tad bit more grown up, especially if you are entering MY contest.

Yes - all the pictures on my site are owned by me, or used with permission - with the exception of my current banner.....so any and all pictures may be used to create a banner for my site. GREAT question, sorry I hadn't gotten around to answering it sooner, been busy with tons of personal items that monopolized my time, and I shall be a little bit more frequent after this weekend.

Wait what - I wasn't trying to disrespect or make fun of the name at all! Seriously - it was a misunderstanding :(. I just couldn't find the right word for it and that was really the closest thing that I could think of because I was trying to make the logo more rock-like to match the name. Please don't hate me haha.

*edit*
However, if you're upset about it, I do apologize as I can see why what I said might have been misconstrued. I hope you don't hold it against me for the contest :(.

I made this one. Its kind of rough so in case you didn't get it the laser is shooting a uranium marble and it is making an explosion.
Gif form
Comp1.gif

Flash form
Stonetek logo 2 by ~wolfhunter9154 on deviantART

Nice one, man. Whoa, there's some tough competition... I'll have to come up with something truly amazing :p

Though particle rendering in some processors will make it lag.

Thanks guys! Also, when I was rendering this it asked if I wanted to use web safe pallet.(which I used) or my computer pallet. DO you know that the difference is?

Thanks guys! Also, when I was rendering this it asked if I wanted to use web safe pallet.(which I used) or my computer pallet. DO you know that the difference is?

Not sure. I would however try to optimize the flash file, as it took a while to load play smoothly even on my laptop and I'm running a reasonably powerful Macbook Pro.

OK. But like I said this is a rough version. I would optomize it in the final.

Yes, the web palette is a restricted palette from the original one. What you do when you use the web palette is that you're using common web colours or regularly displayed colours in websites, without the need to use higher bits (more information = higher size of final banner). If you need colour depth then you should stay away from the web palette. But if you need to lower the size of your final image then you could play with settings instead of lowering the quality (getting a noisy banner).

You using web safe colours is the reason the background on your banner mostly consists of five blue-ish colours instead of a gradient.

Not sure. I would however try to optimize the flash file, as it took a while to load play smoothly even on my laptop and I'm running a reasonably powerful Macbook Pro.

This is what I was referring to particle rendering. That's why I said it could run slow on some computers.

Oh I'm new to using flash formats. I thought that when I exported this form after effects it was just a video and not actually rendering it.

Oh I'm new to using flash formats. I thought that when I exported this form after effects it was just a video and not actually rendering it.

No, only Flash will ask the processor to render particles.

.gif files are only a set of frames compiled one after another.

Where have I seen this before?
Oh, wait.
The banner I posted on the first page.
Nice job.
:spank:

That happened to me on the modwerx banner contest and it is the reason I won't post my banner here until after the contest ends.