Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Aliens movie Prometheus !! yay!

Looks like it's going to be a very interesting movie. I can't wait to go see it!
I have a feeling that Ridley Scott with re-ignite the long lost Alien franchise, which in itself is a masterpiece of cinematic artwork (Abiet, dark). You can't get much better than H.R. Geiger artwork in a movie!

But first a sneak preview

A little humor along with the preview.

Last edited:

Sweet. It reminds me of AvP

AvP was a MASSIVE deviation from the original Aliens storyline and nearly killed the franchise. At least this movie will rekindle the purist storyline.
when interviewed, Sigourney Weaver HATED the idea of AvP, as it was a terrible deviation of the franchise they fought so hard to make the film it became.

I too agree with S.Weaver's opinion, as I remember how amazing the acting, the sets/artwork and the stunning camerawork in the first series of movies. The first 2 movies were EPIC.
BTW, in the movie Aliens, there is a lovely Ar-ION laser used as the scanning probe. They actually built their sets by hand back then.

ped

^^ That looks quite good I'll downlo.... *coughs* I mean RENT that movie :D

Prometheus looks awesome.

Pandorum was a decent movie the ending was a mind f&^K though :p I want to see Prometheus, but in the trailer I saw, did he have to put a noise though 1/2 of the trailer that made me want to poke my ears out with a soldering iron.

Lase

AvP was a MASSIVE deviation from the original Aliens storyline and nearly killed the franchise. At least this movie will rekindle the purist storyline.
when interviewed, Sigourney Weaver HATED the idea of AvP, as it was a terrible deviation of the franchise they fought so hard to make the film it became.

I too agree with S.Weaver's opinion, as I remember how amazing the acting, the sets/artwork and the stunning camerawork in the first series of movies. The first 2 movies were EPIC.
BTW, in the movie Aliens, there is a lovely Ar-ION laser used as the scanning probe. They actually built their sets by hand back then.

I am so glad to see a return to the original idea. Movie mashups were a bad idea in the 80's, I don't know why they thought it'd work for AvP.

Wonder if Sigourny will make a cameo :D

Lase

I liked the Alien movies and now I am going to have to see this one.

Wow, that was an Aliens movie? Need to watch the trailer again. Looks cool though.

The AvP idea actually goes back to the time of the 2nd Alien movie. There was a series of novels that came out around that time. Don't remember the authors names but they did novels for Aliens and different novels for Predators. The Predator novels were far better reads. They went into the Predator families with names and bits of language. They were just really well thought out novels. But at some point they had the Predators run into the Aliens and then followed that book up with about 3 or 4 more that put the Aliens and Predators banging heads. Those 3 or 4 books sold the best and were really the best of all the Aliens or Predator novels.

I think the original authors were a father and daughter. Bischoff I think.

Does this post make me geek or nerd, or just a science fiction otaku?

Later
Clayton

When I saw that cresent shaped ship take off I thought " Is this an alien movie?" I'm so glad it is.

Personaly I hope Sigourny doesn't do a cameo ... IMO she uglier than any creature in her movies.