Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Additions - Sinner - V1 & Phobos , MS-Envy's and more..

sinner

Hi All, I have some new hosts to present to fellow laser enthusiasts :wave:
It gives me immense joy to announce the release of Eudaimonium's Phobos , A Sinner MS-V1 and , MS-Envy , All of these are a highly improved designs all of my host building skills that I acquired over the past few years have been put into these three beauties.

MS-Envy is in the final stages of machining but here's a teaser for now. I will be updating more photos as I get them done.

5WNaT4b.jpg

New photos:

jEVYdeJ.jpg

rV6STU0.jpg

rhjIGwE.jpg

liml6Ae.jpg

YywCLLF.jpg

2WWzKJ8.jpg

6HcHYdb.jpg

P5v0TSI.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

Last edited:

Nice work Sinner! Great to see Eudaimoniums phobos back again! Is the V1 also a Cu/Al mix?

Keep the pics coming and + 4 for keeping a legendary host alive :):beer:

sinner

ALCu , all the way.. these hosts perform surprisingly well I have the Envy's too with a Cu core and a pill insert that is tightened with screws instead of press-fit. Much convenient this way!!

ALCu , all the way.. these hosts perform surprisingly well I have the Envy's too with a Cu core and a pill insert that is tightened with screws instead of press-fit. Much convenient this way!!

If you've had a difficult time with force-fits, you might want to consider shrink fits. You can put the outer component in an oven (~500F) so it expands radially, and the inner component in liquid nitrogen (-321F) so is contracts radially. Depending on the coefficients of thermal expansion for the materials of each component, you can usually get a pretty large change in diameters. If done properly, the parts will easily slip together during assembly, and have a very tight interface when the temperatures have normalized.

APEX1

Hi All, I have some new hosts to present to fellow laser enthusiasts :wave:
It gives me immense joy to announce the release of Eudaimonium's Phobos , A Sinner MS-V1 and , MS-Envy , All of these are a highly improved designs all of my host building skills that I acquired over the past few years have been put into these three beauties.

MS-Envy is in the final stages of machining but here's a teaser for now. I will be updating more photos as I get them done.

5WNaT4b.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

that is a sick looking host. I absolutely love sinners work..

Oh yes!

I knew the designs for Phobos were far better off in sinner's hands, the copper insert suggests a lot of interior re-design waaay above my skill level and machining capabilities.

Do you have any ideas for the pricing yet?

sinner

I always wanted the Phobos, I made 5 , i am thinking about keeping them all.. :na:

for the other two, pricing will be around $50.00

Encap

I always wanted the Phobos, I made 5 , i am thinking about keeping them all.. :na:

for the other two, pricing will be around $50.00

Really beautiful work Sinner. To see your work and techniques as they evolve over time ia always a treat.

An amazing host/mechanical artwork as always.

You should do a website showing all you creations---would great too see them all shown in one place.

Last edited: