Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

NEW 635nm Orion-200

Justin

I have recieved many messages and emails about my last post regarding this new laser, so I figured I'd respond here instead of writing a dozen emails seperately!

Laserglow is pleased to introduce a NEW version of the Orion-200. The original Orion-200 is a 660nm handheld laser with output power over 200mW, featuring continuous operation (100% duty cycle) and full FDA-compliant safety features. This new version (model# Orion-635-200) is the exact same laser, but producing 635nm for much greater brightness and visibility. (How much more? Ask somebody who owns a 660nm and a 635nm laser, and they'll tell you it's a lot more visible!) The housing, beam specs and all other features remain the same as the existing Orion-200 (see: http://www.laserglow.com/index.php?orion)

We have only produced a small batch of these 635nm Orions, and depending on how much interest there is we may or may not continue with future production, so this may turn out to be a "limited edition". The price for the "Orion-635-200" is USD $1399.00 and includes the standard Laserglow 6-month warranty, stylish carrying case and free EMS shipping where available (Xpresspost within North America).

To order one, or if you have more questions, please contact me at work: sales@laserglow.com or 416.729.7976

Tallaxo

Wow Justin.

Now there is something you don't see every day, a 200mw 635nm :cool:. I bet that is bright as hell. even my little 10mw 635 is way brighter than its 650/660 counterparts.

Jase

Daedal

WOW! That would be one hell of a laser to have! I'm sure it'd be quite the show stopper...

Green dude: "Hey check out my new green laser..." *point*
635nm dude: "Oh ya... check out my new RED laser..." *point*
Green dude: *G.A.S.P.*
635nm dude: ;D ;D ;D :cool: :cool: :cool:

Just some 5:15 AM humor... If you don't get it... stay awake for a couple days, then try again ;D

--DDL

Justin

We're still doing some testing on the lasers, but I can probably get some beam shots done on Friday. If I get any photos done I'll post them here for you to drool over! And yes, it is incredibly bright for a red laser. Much, much brighter than a 660nm, that's for sure.

Aseras

what you guys need to do is add ttl to the base model this and some of the other handhelds are based off of.

what I really want to see though is a 200mw handheld blue. :)

Tallaxo

Aseras said:
what you guys need to do is add ttl to the base model this and some of the other handhelds are based off of.

what I really want to see though is a 200mw handheld blue. :)
Very nice thought there :eek: but I would imagine with the size of the pump diode required, you could never cool or even power it in a handheld. With the horrible effeciency of 473nm conversion, I am guessing that you would need a pump diode way in excess of 5W.. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jase

Aseras

I was thinking blue diode in a handheld... one can dream. it' pretty close to being a reality now, maybe within a year or two.

Justin

Aseras: Thanks for the suggestion! For my information, for what kind of application would you use a handheld laser with TTL? We added it to the Hercules because, with the external power input, the Herc can function as a lab/OEM laser module and TTL makes sense for that purpose. As a pure handheld unit with no external power, what would be the purpose of an external TTL circuit? Does anybody else think that this is a useful suggestion? If so, we can certainly see if the engineers can squeeze it in there or maybe offer it as a custom option. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Tallaxo

I really dont see any purpose of including TTL on any handheld laser. As you said Justin, the Herc is in a class of its own due to its size and the ability to power it by external means, it can bridge the gap between handheld (2 hand) hehe, and lab / OEM type. But to extend this to other ranges would be pointless in my opinion.

If you want a lab / oem laser then buy one, even the most basic of lab lasers come with at least TTL if not analogue modulation as standard.

Jase

Aseras

For lasers of this caliber, ttl is a nice accessory, it's cheap to implement and it's a good upselling point.

My main reasoning for any laser that has indefinite runtime is ttl is a great option. It really gives you a lot of possibilities without openly modifying a laser to do more than be a be a bright pointer or a toy.

not to be a bother but if you could compare the beam side by side of a 635 orion to a 660 just to see. if possible.

Hemlock_Mike

Millionaire --

As your name implys --- $$$ -- Why don't you buy several from pocket change and make a group pass around like they do on CPF ?? That way we could all enjoy !!!!

Mike

hahah lmao im just a 15 year old kid working a minimum wage job :(. its a internet name ive been using since i was like 10 so its easy to remember its always millionaire or millionaire1 so i always know my acc.

Daedal

Justin said:
We're still doing some testing on the lasers, but I can probably get some beam shots done on Friday. If I get any photos done I'll post them here for you to drool over! And yes, it is incredibly bright for a red laser. Much, much brighter than a 660nm, that's for sure.
Thank you for that Justin.. I'll be watching this and eagerly waiting to see what might be my next downfall! :-?

I would really like to see 3 or more units of the same power but different colors in the same shot... as that really gives the colors their true comparison in terms of what a camera can see... for example: 200mW 532nm, 200mW 660nm, 200mW 635nm. That way we can all judge. I believe you when you say 635 is visible and I can testify for that myself, but a picture is worth a thousand words... and in this case... 3000? ;) ;D

Thanx;
DDL