Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New 473nm blue lasers on DX

Looks like they're expanding on their line of possibly Viasho lasers with some new blue versions

VW

Oh, of course not, no. Just saying, imo I wouldn't waste my money. I don't know, I just think at that price range, those specifications are too good to be true...

It's the same lasers as the RPLs.

Is it worth it to pay extra hundred or so for the Opotronics ones? Absolutely. 3 months warranty compared to 12 months warranty? Worth it just for that.

They aren't the same lasers as RPLs, there are some differences. Not to mention its DX. When I buy lasers like this, I have to sell some at lower specs than they are rated, and RMA others because they don't meet spec. If one of those 20mW lasers were broken, putting out 0mW, you think DX would even check? Nah, they'd send it to you anyway. And if it only puts out 10mW? Well, then you're screwed, paypal won't help you - I found that out the hard way.

I sell similar units, tested (my Oceanus line) that aren't much more - in fact my 5mW blue is cheaper, and my 20mWs aren't much more than 10% more expensive and come with more things. And, they're tested. If you want even better, you get a much better warranty service through optotronics for a bit more on top of that.

So its up to you. I gotta say though, if I were spending several hundred dollars, yes, I would pay the extra cost to get the benefit of not dealing with a company we all know advertises fraudulent specs more often than not.

What I mean by 'same as the RPLs' is that it's the same 'model' made by the same 'company'.

I'm not sure how else to describe it. They certainly aren't the same product, but they are the same 'model'.

The difference is Opotronics tests them to make sure they are working, makes adjustments, verifies they are working to spec, etc. Where as DX sells what they are given.

That's what I mean. I don't know how else you'd describe the same model but different product.