Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New 300mW 532 lab on the way

dnar

I just ordered a MGL-III-532-300 300mW 532nm dual TEC lab module with 30k analog modulation from CNI. I can't wait! My projector build is slowly coming along, when I find the time to spare. Both crystals and pump diode have their own TEC.

http://www.cnilaser.com/PDF/MGL-III-532.pdf

I went with the PSU-III-OEM power supply. I'll ditch the wall wart and use a small enclosed 5V switch mode.

By build spec to date:

532nm 300mW CNI
650nm 1000mW 4 x LOC + Flexmod P3 (diodes in series)
445nm 300mW using projector 1W diode + Flexmod P3
5 x Brass flex mount adjustable optic mounts for FS mirrors
1 x reflect blue transmit green & red dichroic filter
1 x reflect red transmit green & blue dichroic filter
3 x 25mm fine adjustable mirror mounts(3 axis)
3 x L bracket, suit PBS/blank mirror mount
DT-30 scan set
Audiolase DAC and USB sound card combo

layout will be: G->B->R->scanset (or G->R->B-> scanset depending on results).

Most of the optics, LD blocks, DT30's and flex mounts came from lasershowparts.com.
Flexmods from drlava, Audiolase from 300Evil.

I am waiting on LPC-815 sleds, PBS cubes, dichroics and of course the CNI green, all on their way in time for Christmas. I also have 4 broadband PBS coming from a GB on PL.

I will post the build once it gets under way.

Last edited:

That's an excellent laser.. you chose wisely. I have several MGL-IIIs, and they're all awesome. I rate CNI very highly..

Things

I had a 150mW MGL that was produced in August, although it died in like 4 weeks. Power dropped to below 5mW. I believe they are meant to be hermetically sealed, but I think moisture must have made it to the crystals.

In my experience there's not a single brand of laser that exists that is 100% infallible.. Were you able to get a warranty replacement?

I've heard very good things about Ultralasers as well, in fact I think I'll be buying one fairly soon for my second 1W green projector which is already underway.. We'll see how competitive their pricing is compared to Laser King, which has the best pricing on CNI heads that I've found.