Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New 200mw green laser on Kaidomain(cr123A)

its no longer avaible..
can you tell us about it? did it have a clicky switch? it doesnt focus does it?
was there anything unique about it? did it seem any better than the 150/200mW focusing one? im also curious about the pictures that make it look brighter than 532nm, what did it look like in the video?

Razako

mikeeey said:
[quote author=Razako link=1209597577/0#3 date=1209600291]The direct link to the video is here. It works fine for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-a8iylwSlI
yeah you beat me to it, i was just about to mention that.
so how do you know this one is the one from KD? it looks the same...but....is it?[/quote]
I don't know much about the video. Some guy on KD posted it and I figured that I would post it here. The lasers do look exactly alike.

I don't know if playing that Sandstorm trance song really fit the lack of action in the video...

IgorT

And again it says "In stock Ships in 1-3 days" and after a couple of people order it, it will say "Out of stock 2-4 weeks" and everyone will have to wait.

I think they list the one sample they get from the manufacturer as stock and sell it to the first one who orders it, then they just wait to get enough orders to buy more, so they don't have to use their own money.

This one looks a little bit like the Rominsen L-D030, but the build quality actually seems to be better. I wonder how this one will come out.

Razako

IgorT said:
And again it says "In stock Ships in 1-3 days" and after a couple of people order it, it will say "Out of stock 2-4 weeks" and everyone will have to wait.

I think they list the one sample they get from the manufacturer as stock and sell it to the first one who orders it, then they just wait to get enough orders to buy more, so they don't have to use their own money.

This one looks a little bit like the Rominsen L-D030, but the build quality actually seems to be better. I wonder how this one will come out.
There is a good thing about that. Usually the first person to order will get a quality laser because it will be the one that KD actually tested and the manufacturer is more likely to send a quality sample.

IgorT said:

I would say the same things.

IgorT

Razako said:
There is a good thing about that. Usually the first person to order will get a quality laser because it will be the one that KD actually tested and the manufacturer is more likely to send a quality sample.

Yeah, it might be good for the very first person to order, but you can not know if you are the first, as they don't change the status to out of stock untill many people have ordered and are waiting.

They still haven't shipped the New Wish new arrivals.... :(

Benm

Its always a problem with variable quality in these units - i wouldnt be surprised if the samples were cherry picked by the manufacturer and a lot of substandard units are shipped after the first one. In case of KD that might be a problem as returning stuff to them for a refund is borderline impossible.

Has anyone received this unit yet?
(200mW Green Laser Pen (One CR123A Battery)
KD#: SKU4508)

Since my other order w/KD for the 200mW new wish got canceled/refunded now I have an extra $100 to play with.

Any reviews? Opinions?

As usual it says "in stock" but I emailed KD to see if they really had it but no reply yet....

Please let me know if the experts think this is a good one to invest in since the good focusable one is on backorder now from DX. :-(

Thanks!

IgorT

I'm sorry, but there is no way to tell. It's bigger than the CR2 unit and seems to have a nice head for heatsinking, but might not be properly heatsinked, so that it would peak faster.

You can't tell from looking at the pictures or the bad descriptions.

From the shape it looks almost identical to the Rominsen L-D030, 30mW, which came to me 7mW of TEM01, so i converted it into a >140mW laser with a DX200 module and a Nova X series driver..
This one could be a similar or same build, the Rominsen also takes a CR123, so it provides operation for a while, but always scares me when the battery shuts down from undervoltage. :)

Otherwise it is now a great laser and i might end up playing with it more than with the >150mW CNI i have, simply because it is not a pen.
Here are my results: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1209508565/45#45
On page 1 you can see how it's built and the size in comparison to a KD50. More pics on page 3 and 4 i linked above.

I kinda doubt this one will actually be 200mW. Maybe a bit better than my modded Rominsen, but probably not by much. And a 0.5W diode makes the entire body HOT in minutes! Might be better to invest a couple bucks more into the big focusable 150mW "batton" style, or even the 200mW.
The "200"mW uses the same diode as my mod, so it will get just as hot and not be stable, but the focusable has a more massive body, which can dissipate more heat.