Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Never ever ever.......

dvant

Point your 1 watt laser into a going Casio 140 projector!
I did, and the damage it does to the DLP is permanent!
Just for a second!

I post pics if anyone interested in the results of my new years stupidity!

anselm

Hello and welcome to the LPF!
I'm sorry about your loss...
Well, only one thing to do now: harvest and sell those diodes from that projector!:D:D

dvant

Its my second one, where you think the 1 watt laser that damaged it came from :yh::yh:
Gona swap the dlp from the 1st now redundant proj into the second.. 1st one was xa130
2nd one i just damaged was xa140 & destined for knackers yard anyway.
Was just surprised that 1 damaged the optical pathway that 24 work one.
After thinking about it, its the focusing optics focusing the 1 laser onto the dlp at a microscopic level that's done the damage.
Newton thought about gravity due to an apple! (re: brick comment!)

And I will never, ever, ever, ever, EVER write a song about Sibbie!

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Maybe that will be the go to excuse for they guys with a projector that the wife/gf won't let us touch ^_^
It's already ruined but don't despair, I know how to make it profitable! lol

HIMNL9

Consider that the DLP is already working around its maximum light (and heat) load, when the projector is working ..... probably you may not damage it, if you point it in the projector when it's turned off (careful, i said "PROBABLY", not for sure :p), but doing that when it was already at limits, the extra power probably killed the mirrors plates actuators.

Also, yes, if the beam got focused on a very small zone, also more easily.

DrSid

I think guys who salvage diodes from projectors should have tons of spare parts ..

Very well. I'll glue it to my hammer, that way i can point it at the thing i intend to obliterate just before i obliterate it. :)

Also, don't throw a brick straight up.

-Trevor

This reminds me of a few years ago...
Being in Missouri, a large majority of the population are made up of complete retards.
There was a man and his wife living in a trailer, in an attempt to create a hole in the wall to run coaxial cable for their tv, the man used his .22 rifle.

The idea in itself is stupid, but he also had his wife stand on the other side to see where the hole came out at. So the man ended up putting a hole in the wall and through his wife's chest.

....true story.

This reminds me of a few years ago...
Being in Missouri, a large majority of the population are made up of complete retards.
There was a man and his wife living in a trailer, in an attempt to create a hole in the wall to run coaxial cable for their tv, the man used his .22 rifle.

The idea in itself is stupid, but he also had his wife stand on the other side to see where the hole came out at. So the man ended up putting a hole in the wall and through his wife's chest.

....true story.

.... not "lol" anymore :(