Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Needing help from Aussies to phone a scammer

Needing help from Aussies to phone a scammer - old thread

As you can see in the post http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1206787148/69#69 I was scammed when buying a laser from him,SenKat_Stonetek already confirmed that the address was real,so the phone might also be.Is anyone willing to call him to try to convince him to refund the money?I will do a chargeback if he doesn't accept to or if nobody calls him for me anyway,but I would like to avoid the hassle of doing a chargeback. :)

Last edited:

JLSE

Where did you make the purchase? Sending a pen might work in favor for him. :-[

I know,that's why I will not open a claim in paypal,he has proof of delivery.It was through paypal.I can do a chargeback but as I make a lot of purchases with paypal they might say it's the same seller so therefore I'm lying ::)(yes,they think paypal is just one seller).I might have to open a lawsuit,but I will do it if necessary.

JLSE

I try to stick to ebay for that reason. When you deal outside of it, some protection vanishes. Good luck anyway, hope things work out for ya.

nvmextc talked to him,the number is actually real :eek:.Is anyone willing to talk better to him the situation to see if he will issue me a refund?If he just say no I will have to try the chargeback then.

Well, if you talk to him, tell him to login to the forum, and send me money, or my caps set back :)

The PMs from nvmextc so you can know what was already talked

GamerBR said:
[quote author=nvmextc link=action=imshow;caller=1;id=1214358414 date=1214358413]Hey, I wouldn't mind giving it a ring to see if it's real or not.
Hey,thanks,I appreciate your help :).Let me know what you find out if call the number.Also does Australia have a site like yellowpages that I can locate a phone having the address and the reverse(find out the address with the phone number?),this way I can find the real number if this one is a fake,as the address is already confirmed to be real by a guy that already shipped to him something.[/quote]
GamerBR said:
[quote author=nvmextc link=action=imshow;caller=1;id=1214359691 date=1214359690]This is the only thing I think we have, whitepages. http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/initResSearch.do
You need a last name and state minimum, I searched for ages once for reverse number things but there are none. I did a quick search and couldn't see him. But we have unlisted numbers here, so he may not appear in there at all.

I rang him, his name is right. he pretends not to know what is going on... sorry i'm not good at confrontational coldcalling, but I hope this helped a bit.
Have you just tried to ask if he is home only or talked about what's happening?Tell me a little better what you talked.Now I know the number is real,so this helped a lot,thanks. :)[/quote]

GamerBR said:
[quote author=nvmextc link=action=imshow;caller=1;id=1214360126 date=1214360125]me: hello, is this nick adams
him: yes
me: the nick adams who scammed someone 200 bux
pause
him: what
me: u scammed someone 200 bux
him: what are you talking about
me: a laser pointer you sold someone in this name and with these details
him: i don't know what your talking about, who is this
me: someone
him: yer (quietly in saracstic disgust)
me hang up
If it was not him he would just hang up,it's our man. ;D[/quote]

GamerBR said:
[quote author=nvmextc link=action=imshow;caller=1;id=1214360407 date=1214360406]Oh and he definitely sounded Aussie, and not a kid or anything.
I would prefer that he was a kid,talking to his parents would solve things much faster,anyway he might still live with them,let's see what we can find out,to scam US$175 I think he probably doesn't have a job.[/quote]

SenKat_Stonetek said:
Well, if you talk to him, tell him to login to the forum, and send me money, or my caps set back :)
My english sucks on the phone,I would not be able to talk to him :(

I would skip the heartache, and just file a chargeback with your CC company. I have already come to terms that there are jerks out there with no sense of honor, and no respect.

Chargeback is an option,I don't know how that is done in the US,but although not that complicated,chargebacks are not so simple here,at least I would have to fill a form that they will send to me,then they will evaluate it and finally decide to issue the chargeback or not,not to mention that sometimes they say that as I already bought from the same seller(paypal),they cannot do anything and I have to solve the problem with the seller,so I wanna avoid doing that if I can have a refund.

This pen
sn850081zu7.jpg

In this envelope
sn850082my3.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHA... im sorry.. im not laughing at you or yoursituation.. im laughing at the pen.....

Picture of the 17 year old scammer nick4danni

Attachments

• nick4danni.jpg
    nick4danni.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 167
If he is really 17 he must live with his parents,talking to one of them would probably solve my problem and also the problem of SenKat_Stonetek.