Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need sources and info

Im looking for links and sources for parts to build a blu-ray pointer. I have alot of experience building/modding reds and greenies but been out of the laser game for a while- but now noticed theses violet lasers and want to build one. I see so many different tutorials and know that techniques and hardware in this hobby change regularly so just want to try and find up to date info.

This is my first post here- I just found this site actually- I used to go to candlepowerforums but it seems that forum has died down a bit.

Thanks to all who help with links,tuts, or any other info!

daguin

deezdrama said:
:-? geez- thanks for the warm welcome- i can feel the love

Vague questions get vague answers (or ignored). Read enough to be able to ask a more specific question. What you have actually done here is to ask somebody here to summarize this entire forum for you. If all you want is to be told what to do, just hang around. Someone will be more specific in telling you what you can do with your thin skin and entitled attitude.

Peace,
dave

I'm as new as it gets! Just do what I do and read!!! You can every piece of info and tips here if you grab a beer and a smoke, get comfy and read through the threads! Trust me your not going to find a better group of experts! The key word is READ! I've never built a laser in my life and I'm well on my way to a bluray. This is also a great place to get everything you need for your build. Just READ my friend!!!!

originalbigT said:
I'm as new as it gets! Just do what I do and read!!! You can find ever piece of info and tips here if you grab a beer and a smoke, get comfy and read through the threads! Trust me your not going to find a better group of experts! The key word is READ! I've never built a laser in my life and I'm well on my way to a bluray. This is also a great place to get everything you need for your build. Just READ my friend!!!!

If you know how to build reds, then you know how to build violets. Really the only different things are:

1. The voltage (violets requires a higher voltage to run, especially at higher currents)
2. The pin-outs (can be different for every model of diode anyway, regardless of color)
3. The limits of current/power (same as pin-outs, varies for diodes of same color as well)

Every diode has it's own quirks, reading here can find what they are, like don't break the window on PHR-803T, etc. It's all here, hope this helps you get started.

-----------------------------------------

I also hope you understand that many here get very tired of answering the same questions over and over. It's not you personally, we're glad to have new posters, it's just that there are multiple new posters every week asking some variation of "hey, how do I build a laser?". It gets old, especially when many have taken the time and effort to make resources for new posters to get started and those resources are quite easy to find on the forum. The beginner questions are all already answered, and don't need to be re-written for every new poster, so I'm sure you understand the frustration of many veteran posters at questions that are repeated over and over. (At least you didn't come in and ask if the kipkay thing really works, which still happens WAY too often for as many topics as there are around here.) Hope you enjoy it here.

airy52

Its just like building other lasers, but with different drivers. Just go to the blu ray forum, theres tons of pages. Lots of reading. Lots.

ok-ent

I am in the process of building my first bluray as well.
I am a complete newbie but I lurked around for a few days and spent about 10 hours in front of the screen and got a little info.
Then I started pm'ing people who seemed to have been there and done that.
EVERYONE I have contacted has been very helpful, even when I destroyed my first driver and diode.
Now I have all the parts I need to complete my build on the way except for a couple of replacement 803t's.
That will be my next post :cool:

So here is what I learned:

1. kenom has the best host bodies for bluerays I have seen. Totally custom and excellent craftsmanship. He also has drivers available for the bluray diode. The tricky part is soldering it all together which I found out is more than just working with tiny parts. I do microsurgery for a living and soldering on that scale is a whole different story. It takes practice just like everything else so if you have already put together some reds then I think you would be fine since you most likely have the equipment you would need.

2. jayrob does an awsome build as well. Open the box and hit the switch. Simple and complete.

There are a ton of guys here who know their stuff so just be patient and keep reading. Most answers are already out there.
I hope this helps.