Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need some laser info

Howdy all, I am very new to this whole laser business and I have a few questions that hopefully some of you can help me with. 1st question is, is it possible to shine two different color lasers perpindicular to each other where they cross and createt a different color than either of the two color lasers in their intersection. It would be look like a cross with red and green and say orange in the middle where they intesect. 2nd question is, is there a colorless gas that illuminates just the width of the laser beam that passes through it. Say you have a jar filled some gas or whatever and you shine a red laser through it, would the whole jar light up or would just a line light up in the jar from where the laser shines through the gas. Maybe a laser can't even shine through glass due to reflection, I dont know. Maybe these questions are off the wall and possible very rediculas, but remember I am a newbe with basically no knowledge of lasers. Sorry if I afend anybody with these silly questions. :) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The answer to your first question is yes. As for the your second question i'm not sure, but I think it would depend on the gas.