Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

need some help

Hey guys, I bought 3 lasers from amazon and I have a question..
I want to remove the limitation from it but its impossible to get the laser out.. it wont go out at front.. not at the back and not even from the button.. now does someone have an idea how to do it?
Its this one: Top Quality - Green Laser Pointer Pen Style Laser: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

What do you mean by "remove the limitation" if you mean adjust the potentiometer, don't do it.... but if you just wanna get the modules out, put the silver part in a vice and tighten it. then wiggle it back and forth until the front pops off.

I know i got the silver part off it already but i cant get the laser out of it because theres some sort of lens which i don't want to damage, is there any way to make it more powerful?

Ye i was about to use a screwdriver and screw it 320 degrees like they say in YT but I can't get to the laser at all..

I know i got the silver part off it already but i cant get the laser out of it because theres some sort of lens which i don't want to damage, is there any way to make it more powerful?

Ye i was about to use a screwdriver and screw it 320 degrees like they say in YT but I can't get to the laser at all..

Don't worry, just use some pliers to pull it out. If you're concerned about scratching it, use some sort of material like a paper towel between the module and the pliers

Nah, with those "<5mW" lasers theyre already overspec as it is. They usually come in around 20-25mW. Any pot modding pushes them too far and burns them out.

if "they" is kipkay... "they" is wrong

Drew

If it's a black plastic lens sticking out, don't use pliers on it. Instead use a screwdriver or similar from the back end and push the module out, taking care not to touch the driver or IR diode leads. I also agree that it's probably not worth pot modding

Nope they kinda locked it both ways.. its not like those on Yt.. so any other ways to make it more effective?

Drew

Buy a better one :D Seriously though, pot-modding is more or less an urban legend of sorts. It used to work because the lasers were cranked down to 5mW when they were made. Now they just set them for safe diode current and sell the brighter ones for more $. Plus if you can't get it apart you're stuck anyway. 5 euro for a working green laser is still a decent deal

it was 5 pounds :p and they wont ship higer mw's into my country (The Netherlands) the control in incomming shipments is really tight here..

it was 5 pounds :p and they wont ship higer mw's into my country (The Netherlands) the control in incomming shipments is really tight here..

Order parts, build your own custom laser! Unless parts are illegal in the Netherlands as well...

Where do I order parts? And is it hard to build?

Check the Buy, Sell, Trade section!

Or try CajunLasers, Modwerx, eBay, websites like that.

Building them is not hard as long as you're patient and can do basic soldering.

Drew

We aren't supposed to be able to get >5mW in the U.S. really either. You just have to know where to order from. Bluefan, borgqueenx and several other laser enthusiests are from the Netherlands. I bet O-like and Lazerer ship there. When you get over 5mW you want to start being safety conscious though, with appropriate eye protection and such.

We aren't supposed to be able to get >5mW in the U.S. really either. You just have to know where to order from. Bluefan, borgqueenx and several other laser enthusiests are from the Netherlands. I bet O-like and Lazerer ship there. When you get over 5mW you want to start being safety conscious though, with appropriate eye protection and such.

I can vouch for Lazerer as a good company with good customer service. They fix any mistakes if any occur!

so i discovered a site called yourlasers.com .. they sell 200mw for 27$ etc what about that?ofcourse its not 200mw but can it burn stuff etc?

so i discovered a site called yourlasers.com .. they sell 200mw for 27$ etc what about that?ofcourse its not 200mw but can it burn stuff etc?

Well that was the site DealExtreme started to avoid hassle from selling >5mW lasers to restricted areas. That's probably about a 90-100mW laser realistically. It's beam diameter is too wide to burn things if its anything like the ~100mW one I have. But if you have an external lens, such as a magnifying glass or aspherical lens, you can focus it and it will burn, but not as well as it would if you were to build a ~200mW red or ~100mW blu-ray