Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need some advice on selecting a driver and diode (maybe identifying parts)

Hi Everyone!

A while back a purchased a cheap 405nm handheld laser on ebay. The laser it self was not too powerful but the host was much to my liking (Laser 301 body). Long story short, I accidentally put the 3.7V battery in reverse and quickly learned that this driver did not have RP protection. I didn't want to throw this laser away so I did a disassembly and removed the drive/diode and heatsink (picured below)

GkhJdbGl.jpg

h6AvLOvl.jpg

My plan is to reuse this host and replace the driver/diode and hopefully improve the optics.

The driver is 10.5mm x 17.0mm. I'm not sure of the diode size.

The barrel / shaft diameter is 13.0mm

I'm not sure of my options with the optics either, would appreciate some help with that!

Thanks,
Frozen

Last edited:

Just build a real laser.:>) Spend a little money and build one yourself.

Host:

Plug and Burn 501B's
Prices Drop! 501B Kits (Plug-N-Burn add a Module w/ Driver!) Starting at $20ea

DTR diode module:
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/s06j-12x-405-diodes

You will need Lion battery and charger (18650 x1).Alway buy quality batteries ie,
LG, Panasonic, Sony .... it does not pay to go cheap.

Have fun.

Just used this forum. LPF is full of tutorials, look around and use the LPFsearch to find what
you want.

I still want to try my hand at make a laser with this host first. Below I linked to a diode and driver that i found on ebay. I'm hoping to solder it myself and use the heatsink pictured above.

Will these two work together?

Diode

Driver

Thanks!
-Frozen

Last edited: