Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need small lens for laser pointer

kirkg

Hi,

I'm looking for lenses for a do it yourself aser pointer that are less than or equal to 6mm in diameter. I measured the lens inside a Aixiz plastic housing and they are ~7mm. Can I find a smaller one?

Also, does anyone know why the side of the Aixiz lens (in its black plastic screw housing) that faces the laser diode is covered with black plastic with just a small hole in the center for light to pass thru?

:p

Kenom

I've got a few lenses that might be small enough. The problem is, there is no threads on the lens holders themselves. You can find 6mm modules on ebay.

PLANO CONVEX LENS $5 bucks
I bought one of these myself, nice glass lens, AR coated.

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/LNS-49/TINY-PLANO-CONVEX-LENS/1.html

image_product.height.500;width.500;modified.1207857168.LNS-49.jpg

kirkg

Thanks for the suggestions. I realize that at this size I probably cannot get a lens with threads. Thats ok. I'm just going to focus it then glue it. Also, I will be using the lens for burning- so I assume I want a glass lens as I don't want to have to replace a plastic lens.

Thanks,

Kirkg

:)