Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need laser power meter for 445nm diodes

I'm looking for suggestions to buy a laser power meter also interested in working used meters that will reach 2W. If you have one or know where I can buy one for a good price please contact me.

He said he needed at least 2W range.

Perhaps LaserBee II, but it's expensive...

Jaxz

what's your budget? have you check out the LAser Pro Shop section?

Jaxz

id like to keep it under $500 and no I havent looked at that yet

you have more than enough budget to get one. If you have 500 bucks for testing a 445, get a kenometer. It has data-logging features and using real OHIR thermopiles as sensors.

For lesser budget, get nospin, but without data-logging. It's a great meter! :)

For even lesser budget, get a radiant-alpha. But no data-logging features, and using normal TEC cooling method as sensors. But it is only 100bucks. So far out of stock. Good luck on that.

you have more than enough budget to get one. If you have 500 bucks for testing a 445, get a kenometer. It has data-logging features and using real OHIR thermopiles as sensors.

For lesser budget, get nospin, but without data-logging. It's a great meter! :)

For even lesser budget, get a radiant-alpha. But no data-logging features, and using normal TEC cooling method as sensors. But it is only 100bucks. So far out of stock. Good luck on that.

1. what do i gain by using OHIR sensors?
2. nospin vs laserbee II?

1. what do i gain by using OHIR sensors?
2. nospin vs laserbee II?
Ophir sensors are true radial thermopile sensors made exactly for this purpose of measuring lasers.
They have built on onboard amplifier and corrected linearity curve, and are most precise.

Sadly, that much more expensive than simply going with workarond, by using a TEC cooler and using it the other way around.

For $500 budged, I would too reccomend Kenometer now.

However, Kenom - the guy who makes and sells his meters, is currently having some troubles he needs to deal first, so you'll need to wait a bit to get in touch with him.