Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need, Laser Help. Cant chose.

up2u

why do you spam my topic if i tell you
that i do not need your help.

thats probs why you have that post count.

ofcouse you answere this negatifely again,
what dos it actualy care?

cant you just leave me alone?

if you now post here again, you are not helping me
giving my any advice, or anything else i want from you.
so you would only anoy me.

so if you do post here now, i know what you are an retard that is not helping people.

Ash:

okey thank you, i will consider buying some glasses sindce this also looks dangerous.
also, i am almost sure that i will buy the rayfoss one, looks good.

thank you for your help.

Last edited:

mfo

why do you spam my topic if i tell you
that i do not need your help.

thats probs why you have that post count.

ofcouse you answere this negatifely again,
what dos it actualy care?

cant you just leave me alone?

if you now post here again, you are not helping me
giving my any advice, or anything else i want from you.
so you would only anoy me.

so if you do post here now, i know what you are an retard that is not helping people.

thank you.

No, I have high post count because I used to spoon feed noobs like you. Not anymore. Use the goddamn search button. Hell, there's even a guide I made in my signature.

up2u

i knew the dumbass would post.

m not answering you anymore.

mfo

i knew the dumbass would post.

m not answering you anymore.

Wow. Good, don't answer me anymore. Just hope you don't learn the hard way why we have safety goggles, why we should wear them, what OD rating should have been used, etc.

D

Deleted member 8382

Welcome to the forums. Please do not call other members retards or you will be kicked soon or later. Just ignore it.

Now, if you're in holland it's really easy. Dealextreme.com 50mW true green laser pointer. It's not a very common choose here on the forums because most of the people is in USA and DX won't ship there, BUT, if you're in holland, don't even think it twice, this is the bang for the buck, trust me. I've tried 5,30,50,100 and 200mW units from there and this is the winner.

I started with one of these and it still works perfectly ;)

DealExtreme: $19.73 True 50mW Green Laser Pointer Pen Black

Safety is very important too, get a protetion googles from focalprice as soos as you can, they're 7$ with free shipping, although if you're only going to use it outside to look at the beam there's no real need for them, but, as soon as you start burning things or aiming indoor, goggles are a must!

Last edited by a moderator:

up2u

its 80% for outside,
and maby at partys sometimes i would like to show ppl what i can do like popping balloons (ill be carefull)

but not that im going to shine 1m in front of me.

also, ill buy googles asap.

thanku.

Last edited:
This got real ugly real fast...

Hey mfo, you should know better than simply -1 rep and keep replying.
You are a veteran here, you should be an example to people here.
If you do not want to spoon feed anybody, you can simply click 'back' button in your browser.
Also I strongly disagree about only directing new guys to 'search' button.
Let's face it, the search hardly does what is supposed to, and you need to know precisely what to look for.

What is the OP supposed to look for, "laser for less then $300" ?

We are here to provide some sort of help to new guys.
There are forum FAQ and stickies but one still needs directing to them and some side help does not hurt.
Forums will not help the people if we won't. Forum are members, people, us! Not some server computer with bunch FAQ topics!

Hey Albert, how about a rep boost to this poor guy? Let's give him another chance!
Whaddaya say?

mfo

This got real ugly real fast...

Hey mfo, you should know better than simply -1 rep and keep replying.
You are a veteran here, you should be an example to people here.
If you do not want to spoon feed anybody, you can simply click 'back' button in your browser.
Also I strongly disagree about only directing new guys to 'search' button.
Let's face it, the search hardly does what is supposed to, and you need to know precisely what to look for.

What is the OP supposed to look for, "laser for less then $300" ?

We are here to provide some sort of help to new guys.
There are forum FAQ and stickies but one still needs directing to them and some side help does not hurt.
Forums will not help the people if we won't. Forum are members, people, us! Not some server computer with bunch FAQ topics!

Hey Albert, how about a rep boost to this poor guy? Let's give him another chance!
Whaddaya say?

Cool, so let's + rep him now and let him know it's ok to name call people who are trying to help him.

There are many things to take into consideration when buying a laser. These things have all been answered here numerous times. What makes a laser good all depends on your needs.

And FYI, the search button is not useless. He could have searched for "cheap laser" and saw results for o-like and optotronics like I just did. It's not exactly rocket science you know.

I'm done here.

Cool, so let's + rep him now and let him know it's ok to name call people who are trying to help him.

There are many things to take into consideration when buying a laser. These things have all been answered here numerous times. What makes a laser good all depends on your needs.

And FYI, the search button is not useless. He could have searched for "cheap laser" and saw results for o-like and optotronics like I just did. It's not exactly rocket science you know.

I'm done here.
Your first post was "It's not a question"
It is OK to joke around, but only if you put some info along side of it.
Also, I am not a native english speaker, but from my POV, calling someone a 'smartass' is more like a friendly joke then an insult.

So you both misunderstood eachother IMHO, which grew into real insults and full scale flame war.

He could have searched yes. But he came for help. Dude, it is not like it costs you anything when someone posts such a question.
You could have posted those links you found using search, instead of what you did.
It would cost you exactly same amount of time and effort, only the difference is in aftermath now.

I am not taking sides here, the OP could have used search. He was also directed to FAQ and stickies.
I am sure he learned his lesson ;)

D

Deleted member 8382

I agree that the search button is not that accurate as we would like it to be, but I also agree that the user could have found the info easily.

At this point, I think that users can choose to waste their time or not, but if they choose to don't do so, then please just leave the thread!

I'm gonna rep the guy because I don't think the negative rep mfo gave him was fair, as simple as that. I don't think he needs to see that ugly red thing under his name every time he posts

I agree that the search button is not that accurate as we would like it to be, but I also agree that the user could have found the info easily.

At this point, I think that users can choose to waste their time or not, but if they choose to don't do so, then please just leave the thread!

I'm gonna rep the guy because I don't think the negative rep mfo gave him was fair, as simple as that. I don't think he needs to see that ugly red thing under his name every time he posts
My thought exactly... only you summed it up better :)
Thanks Albert!

@up2u : you are given a second chance here... don't mess it up :D
Just see the links and info Albert gave you on 1st page, LED shoppe lasers, good starting point for a new guys in this hobby.

You should really read the important info and stickies , though :D

Ash

Ash:

okey thank you, i will consider buying some glasses sindce this also looks dangerous.
also, i am almost sure that i will buy the rayfoss one, looks good.

thank you for your help.
Of course I am happy to help. ;)

The rayfoss one will probably be a good fit for you. The 5 different diffraction tips are something most do not have with their green lasers, and are fun to play with.
You could purchase the DX (deal Extreme) 50mW [as Hallucynogenyc suggests], but you may not get one that is actually 50mW (it may be lower, or higher power), because DX does not test their lasers before shipping as the laser-only companies do, so (IMO) it's a gamble from DX. :thinking:
its 80% for outside,
and maby at partys sometimes i would like to show ppl what i can do like popping balloons (ill be carefull)

but not that im going to shine 1m in front of me.

also, ill buy googles asap.

thanku.

For good-quality safety goggles at the best price, you should get these:
http://www.dragonlasers.com/catalog/Laser-Glasses-UV-to-Green-Lasers-Protection-190-548nm-p-16242.html
Get Red Goggles to protect your eyes from Green and BluRay Lasers. :cool:

mfo

All I am going to say it this. Last year when I first started out here, you negged repped me for doing something very similar. Here, you're pitying him. :thinking:

All I am going to say it this. Last year when I first started out here, you negged repped me for doing something very similar. Here, you're pitying him. :thinking:
Please drop the subject. You have:
2300 posts
133 rep points
More knowledge and experience then this OP will have in a year

He has nothing of above. If you don't want to help him, then simply turn around and find another thread that is interesting to you.

up2u

My thought exactly... only you summed it up better :)
Thanks Albert!

@up2u : you are given a second chance here... don't mess it up :D
Just see the links and info Albert gave you on 1st page, LED shoppe lasers, good starting point for a new guys in this hobby.

You should really read the important info and stickies , though :D

i dont actualy know why I would need another chance sindce i didnt do a thing. i made an joke to that guy and he starts acting negatively.

i askeed him not to post here if he was not going to help me and he still did
he also got more posts than me in my own threat and none helped me...

also, its hard to use the screach and find what you want if you dont know much about lasers. probs i would have screached: baloonpopping cheap laser that goes over 5 miles.

the point is, im new, i dont know this forum, and im not going to spend much money on lasers, so i can just make an topic and ask some questions.

thank you for the repp and all the help.

i made my dicision i buyed the rayfoss,
i show pics and results wen i have it.

thanku, up2u.

Looking forward to your reviews, up2u!

Please just remember, first be safe, then have fun with lasers! :D
Also, you should consider some do-it-yourself projects in near future. Red laser self built is most powerfull ballon popper for small money :)