Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help

moh17

I have received my 5mw AiXIz 405 nm module. I added G2 lens to the module, while I was testing the module and playing with the focus, I felt like an insect beat me in my right eye; however, I did not shine the laser to my eyes and I was only shining it towords the wall. Does G2 lens increase the power and sevierity of the laser ?, why I felt that ? Note: the dot was very small on the wall

I doubt it had anything to do with the laser. Yes a G2 will provide an increase in power, not much over an acrylic but about 30% more than a 3 element lens.

Alan

moh17

I doubt it had anything to do with the laser. Yes a G2 will provide an increase in power, not much over an acrylic but about 30% more than a 3 element lens.

Alan

Thanks, 405 nm even at 5mw can not be trusted, I added G2 lens because the dot was large and you can't see the beam, I'm now fine after wearing my protective glasses. I believe that the dot was too small and my eyes can't focus the image to see the details.

Yes that's probably it, 405nm is hard to see, I read that there are some people who can't see it at all. It makes it a more dangerous wave length at higher powers because it looks like there's not much to it, even the one I have at 590mW requires dim light to see the beam and yet it can burn things easily.

Alan

SteveT

Doubtful the sensation you felt in your eye was related to photon exposure; there are no pain receptors in the retina.