Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help with Leadlight 5mW circuit board

My Leadlight 5mW only output 1.7v :'( to the diode, I think it needs at lease 2.5v to lase.
I adjusted the pot but can't get the voltage any higher. Anyone knows what could be wrong, or how to troubleshoot this circuit?

Thanks
TheMonk

Aseras

the pot does current not voltage.

check the bottom of the board and see if you busted off a resistor or capicitor.

Also check your battery contacts and that the threads between the barrel and the cap are clean and making good contact.

Regards rog8811

It would have an 808nm pump diode. 2.5V would probably kill it. 1.7V sounds a little low, but not by much.

Thanks guys for your inputs. :D I already took the module out of the case. I plan to replace the green module with an Aixiz module and use the driver to drive an open can diode. Everything works fine until I removed the green module from the driver board. After I attached the red module it did not work (the red diode is wired the same way as the existing IR diode), I then removed the red module and re-attached the green module, and right now it measured 1.7v to the diode and the green is not working either. I notice burn mark on the side of the "491" chip, I may have touched that chip with the 15W soldering iron while removing the green module from the board. Assume the “491” chip is damaged by heat any ideal on how to test the "491" chip?

Pseudo, what’s the typical voltage needed for the Leadlight 5mW 808nm diode ?

Regards
TheMonk