Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

need help quick

diachi

if you have a heatsink a 20X should last a long time at 300mA :-X even without a heatsink and with a duty cycle, it'll still last a good while :-X

daguin

laser-wholesaler said:
the lpc 20x open can diode. i am thinking of running it at 300ma.......i no i no i no the idoe wont live for a long time but wanted to know if i ran the didoe at 300ma will this affect the batteries i use?.....i mean could i use a 12v battery at 300ma driver....this one http://rkcstr.nfshost.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=180
dos the ma change the input battery power?
reply asap
thanks

The majority of people run the long open can at 420mA, so 300mA certainly won't hurt it.

As long as you do not exceed the voltage rating of the driver (the Rkcstr will only take up to 12V) then it will be fine. The problem with running excess voltage (your setup should only need about 6V) is that the excess voltage is converted to heat in the driver.

Peace,
dave

laser-wholesaler said:
the lpc 20x open can diode. i am thinking of running it at 300ma.......i no i no i no the idoe wont live for a long time but wanted to know if i ran the didoe at 300ma will this affect the batteries i use?.....i mean could i use a 12v battery at 300ma driver....this one http://rkcstr.nfshost.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=180

dos the ma change the input battery power?

reply asap

thanks

i believe that the diode itself needs 3v, and the driver needs 2.4v, so you want a minimum of 5.4v for the microdrive.
and 300mA is way below what most of us run the LPC-815 at, so it should be fine.