Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help please!!!

i have a laser diode that i took it off from a dvd burner for a laptop (DVR-K 16TBD) DVD-R/RW WRITER UNIT PIONEER CORPORATION. an i bought the laser module from stonetek.org. an when i turn it on the red dot still looks big but i get it the smallest i can but i wont burn any thing what could it be the laser it self or the module. or where do you thing i could het a good burning laser. well thank you for reading this any for your help.:thanks:

What power source are you using?
What driver are you using?
What current are you supplying the diode with?

I'm sorry to say we really can't help you unless we know more about your situation.

What power source are you using?
What driver are you using?
What current are you supplying the diode with?

I'm sorry to say we really can't help you unless we know more about your situation.
well just two double AA battery an i dont have a driver for it.

Your diode could be dead having not had a driver on it, could you post a pic of the light
it is emitting when you power it on, you can sometimes tell by the shape of the 'dot'
when its unfocused if its dead or not.

Laser diodes always require some form of current limiting. Direct drive like your using, you'd use a resistor of the correct value to do it but direct drive is never recommended. Always use a proper constant current diode drivers if you want them to have lifespans of more than a few minutes and any kind of stable power output.

Focus plays as much a part in burning power as power output does. If you can't focus it, you'll never burn with it. On thing you can try in this area is seeing if you have the lens in backwards. Easy to check. If it's the stock lens that came with the module, the side with the slots goes AWAY from the LD.

Your diode could be dead having not had a driver on it, could you post a pic of the light
it is emitting when you power it on, you can sometimes tell by the shape of the 'dot'
when its unfocused if its dead or not.
i haven't turn it on for a while since i need a driver, but at the beginning i would focus the dot but it still look to big an i was close to the wall an also i have a switch to turn it on an it would start flicking on an off.

ped

you'd be better buying a diode and Aixiz module with driver.. only a few $$

you'd be better buying a diode and Aixiz module with driver.. only a few $$
oh ok thank you for your opion an yeah thats what i was looking at for a 150mW for $36 an it has everything the module the diode an the drive.

judging by you posts i would also recommend that you read about laser safety before you consider another build. you will thank me later LoL.

michael