Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

need help on the PHR-803T

i just bought the PHR-803T an people been telling me i should buy the Rkcstr Micro-Drive Laser Diode Driver but witch one would give the real power that would burn. An if i do buy the Rkcstr what kind of battery an how many do i need. well thank you very much.:thanks:

TTerbo

with the rckstr driver you need to set it to ~100mA to get ~90mW which will burn if you focus it.
the rckstr will need ~6-9v
so maybe buy some 10440 batteries (lithium batteries(AAA) of 3.7v) so if you use two of them you should be good
cheers

with the rckstr driver you need to set it to ~100mA to get ~90mW which will burn if you focus it.
the rckstr will need ~6-9v
so maybe buy some 10440 batteries (lithium batteries(AAA) of 3.7v) so if you use two of them you should be good
cheers
sorry to sound so stupid but how do i set it up. or just buying the battery (TrustFire Protected 10440 600mAh 3.7V Battery), an putting them all together an all done.

Last edited:
get a double 10440 battery holder, you can find one at radio shack.
you can get batteries here: DealExtreme: $4.23 Ultra Fire 10440 3.6V 500mAh 2Pack
the rckstr has two holes one marked with a "+" and one with a "-" those are where you solder the battery (and switch) to. on the other end there are tabs with the same markings (+,-) this is where you solder the diode.

get a double 10440 battery holder, you can find one at radio shack.
you can get batteries here: DealExtreme: $4.23 Ultra Fire 10440 3.6V 500mAh 2Pack
the rckstr has two holes one marked with a "+" and one with a "-" those are where you solder the battery (and switch) to. on the other end there are tabs with the same markings (+,-) this is where you solder the diode.
Thank you so much TheTeslaWarrior for putting everything step by step.

you'll want at least 8 volts total for blu-ray, and 6 volts total for red. so if your making a blu-ray a 9v would work.

Morgan

A typical 9V battery will not last long and you'll be forever spending money on full ones and never have enough cash to buy more lasers!

Get some good rechargeable 3.7V Li-po batteries, (there a loads to choose from and loads of places to get them but (R)CR2s are good for starters), something to hold them in, and a charger. Fully charged they put out 4.2V. Two of these in series and you're away. You'll need a dummy test load to set your driver. For this you'll need a Digital Multi Metre. There are threads and posts out there. Check the links in my sig and should start to see the path!

Good luck.

M
:)

A typical 9V battery will not last long and you'll be forever spending money on full ones and never have enough cash to buy more lasers!

Get some good rechargeable 3.7V Li-po batteries, (there a loads to choose from and loads of places to get them but (R)CR2s are good for starters), something to hold them in, and a charger. Fully charged they put out 4.2V. Two of these in series and you're away. You'll need a dummy test load to set your driver. For this you'll need a Digital Multi Metre. There are threads and posts out there. Check the links in my sig and should start to see the path!

Good luck.

M
:)
thank you for your skills.