Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Need help from the pro's...IR laser build

SB241

I want to build an IR laser for use with night vision. I want one as a pointer and one as a throw light, only to be visible by night vision equipment.

Can anyone recommend the best spectrum for my needs, the best host and source for all the above.

I would like to be able to run it on one 18650. I am open to all ideas, thanks in advance.

APEX1

Have you done a search on it? A lot of members look at posts like this as people looking to be spoon fed the info lol YouTube is a great place to look for videos on it and the search bar on the bottom of this page and top of the page will turn up a few things for you to read.

SB241

Have you done a search on it? A lot of members look at posts like this as people looking to be spoon fed the info lol YouTube is a great place to look for videos on it and the search bar on the bottom of this page and top of the page will turn up a few things for you to read.
Spoon fed? I asked a specific question that I could not find an answer to. If its too much trouble to type an answer don't. If you don't have a clue to the answer and just want to post wise ass remarks to up your post count you should just move on.

I have three IR lights from china, $80 they suck. The one I want that will do the job is $3,000 and will mount nice and tight to my 1913 rail. I would rather put that money into optics and build a light for a few hundred bucks.

Thanks for telling me about you tube, I might have to check it out. I also heard of this burger place its called McDonalds going to check it out too.:thanks:

APEX1

Spoon fed? I asked a specific question that I could not find an answer to. If its too much trouble to type an answer don't. If you don't have a clue to the answer and just want to post wise ass remarks to up your post count you should just move on.

I have three IR lights from china, $80 they suck. The one I want that will do the job is $3,000 and will mount nice and tight to my 1913 rail. I would rather put that money into optics and build a light for a few hundred bucks.

Thanks for telling me about you tube, I might have to check it out. I also heard of this burger place its called McDonalds going to check it out too.:thanks:
wow really?? someone got a little butthurt over this. I wasn't trying to offend you in anyway and wasn't trying to be mean. No need to even explain anything more to someone as ignorant as you.. :wtf:

Encap

I want to build an IR laser for use with night vision. I want one as a pointer and one as a throw light, only to be visible by night vision equipment.
Can anyone recommend the best spectrum for my needs, the best host and source for all the above.
I would like to be able to run it on one 18650. I am open to all ideas, thanks in advance.
JetLasers makes some nice IR lasers that start at $199 see: 780nm - 1064nm - JETLASERS.ORG if that size host is an option for your application.

Beyond that ---find out what wavelength you night vision equipment would work well with

Last edited:

APEX1

I use a peq box on night shoots. There's a few good retailers out there that sell used or refurbished "night lights"