Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need Help Fixing my arctic

I have a Spider arctic 3 g1 that i received about 2 months ago. It stopped working. I removed the lens, which came cracked, and found that the diode was destroyed. Anyone out there who can place a new diode in it for me? that or replace the entire diode module so I can put a focus adapter on it. Im brand new to d.i.y so any help is super appreciated. Im building a custom soon with a sweet jayrob kit, but I love the spider host and would love to have it still work.

You should start by telling us what part of the world you live. It would be cheaper if you can find somebody who lives in the same country or closer.

I think that he will have trouble convincing WL that the diode arrived "destroyed" since it has been working for two months ;)

Peace,
dave

Yeah your probably right Dave, but it might be worth a shot!

No It stopped working after about 5 days. Iv been trying to contact wicked for the last 2 months. I just finally got fed up with them

I've never played with an arctic so i don't know about it's internals....

This could be a fun DIY project for yourself though. Just start ripping it apart, find the diode and desolder it from the driver, pop a new one in and solder the driver back on.

you need to get in there and clean out all of Steve's excess semen anyways.

The way it looks to me is that the diode module is actually part of the heatsink. like its one piece.