Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

need help finsing laser module.

Where is a decnet place to buy a fairly cheap laser module I can put a 200mW diode into? I've looked at Aixiz, but couldn't find a 5mw 650nm module. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or if this quastion was completely stupid.

You need to be more specific, there are a few sources of diodes however I think most of us here buy mostly from https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/

I was thinking about getting something around 650nm. I already extracted one diode from a 16x burner. Sadly I don't have a very large budget to finish the build. I need the driver, module, and maybe a new diode if the one I extracted ends up dying on me. I was looking at laserbtb.com originally for a diode, but I'm worried about the reliability.

oahu99

DTR sells a 650 nm module.
He is a great seller I have made multiple purchases from him.
Seriously, if you ever need a diode DTR is your man!

Edit: also add 40$ to your budget for some Eagle pair laser glasses if you haven't already!
Unfortunately this is not a cheap hobby, my wallet is sad! :D

Last edited:
DTR sells a 650 nm module.
He is a great seller I have made multiple purchases from him.
Seriously, if you ever need a diode DTR is your man!

Edit: also add 40$ to your budget for some Eagle pair laser glasses if you haven't already!
Unfortunately this is not a cheap hobby, my wallet is sad! :D

I know it's not cheap, my other hobbies are just as bad though. I fly R/C helicopters and do PC gaming, and I love my audio, so I'm not stranger to expensive hobbies.

Thanks for the help, I'll probably order the module tomorrow, as it's my 17th birthday. I already have a couple of host ideas.

You will also need a heat sink to get the heat out of the module if you want a runtime longer than a few
seconds. You can get nearly everything needed at Survival Laser. The only other place to get a decent
660nm diode at a decent price is on eBay from the seller techhood.

BTW, I have never seen nor heard of a 9mm diode in a sled, so it's either going to be a 3.8mm or a
5.6mm.