Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help bigtime/Server questions

Hey everyone.

I'm posting this here because I'm trying to help a friend out who is having ongoing problems with DDoS attacks on his server. Now the information I have about the server he is hosting is very vague and to be honest... Even if I did have that information I would not want to post it publicly since that might tip off the attackers and we would end up null routed.

We are pretty sure we know who our attackers are but there isn't really much we can do right?

Anyway so we are currently looking to migrate to a better host and I was wondering if anyone knows of some good hosts we could switch to that would protect us from such attacks.

I will get our full specs for you guys along with what we need for our server but this info will only be available via PM. Since we are bring very cautious about what we say.

So yeah, ANY information would be very helpful and I would be willing to DONATE $ if you guys could help us solve this once and for all.

Thanks!
Jeff

Thanks LB! However I have to mention that this is for a game server not a web server. A Garry's mod server to be specific.

Last edited:

ARG

I played some PC games before and I server I played on had bad DDoS problems.

The admins knew who it was so one of the clan members who lived nearby knocked on their door and had a peaceful chat. They stopped doing it after that.

The internet allows people to do things that they normally wouldn't because it lacks the personal element.

It's not a great solution, but it works.

That's actually kind of cool ARG, in a IRL old school kind of way ;)

h7686B11A

~ LB

^ I dont have access to the server to say if the IP's are static or dynamic. However at the moment the problem is escalating quickly. Our technical bandwidth protection we get from a company called black lotus is 2GB/s. Im not sure how much they handle if rhe the attacks are bursted. We went from getting attacks that made our servers lag to being null-routed for 6 hours daily.

Believe these attacks are coming from our competition and right now we are powerless to stop it and its getting worse. So we believe they are using booters and a rented botnet with spoofed IP's