Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help, advice or opinions on ebay purchase.

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this specific module, if its a rip ff, a good buy or what.

based on the description I would say its a good buy if it is really what it says. It comes from korea and I really hate to order outside of the us. I already ordered some stuff from another korean seller and its going on 5 days and have not been notified if my order has been shipped.

But here is the auction, let me know what you think please. Its says voltage input 5 v, do you think 4.5v would do? Im trying to figure out what it would be housed in that wasnt giant. Im thinking of the led flashlights that take 3 triple a batteries, that what my diy red was in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/150mW-405nm-Blu...0|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1309|301:1|293:1|294:50

lazer

Re: Need help, advice or opinions on ebay purchase

I have bought from this seller before and it is a good buy ;D Althogh you could might find one cheaper on the fourm. 4.5 volts should do and an led flashlight such as a dorcy should be a good housing.

Cheaper than 45 bucks? Nice. BUT im having a problem trying to figure out if that module is just the diode and optics......I dont understand if it comes with a driver already because at the bottom of the listing the seller offers an Optional 104mA output switch mode constant current driver 8.5-15V input......whatever that means.

Im not really all that educated when it comes to circuit boards, diagrams and terms. I have however succesfully built a 150mW red, driver and all.

Im just trying to find the quickest cheapest way to have a blu ray laser. I want to get one prebuilt and then build my own in a housing of my choice. One will probly end up being a gift.

lazer

Unfourtunatly the driver is not included. :'( It just comes with the diode and optics. A good seller is psxboy on the fourm he sells great violet diodes for $12.  The 8.5-15v is the input voltage to the driver.

Ok, good thing I asked here, so 45 for a diode in a module sucks. I have several focusing modules and I know I can get one really cheap without a diode anyway.

Searching ebay I found this flashlight I really like, its a

Dorcy Metal Gear 1 Watt LED Luxeon Flashlight

I would like to make my laser like some of the custom builds on here where the diode and round driver board are all housed in a heatsing basically and just slide or screw into the top of the flashlight so that you can use the click button still.

Im really torn between building my own, trading my psp here for one or just doing both. I really wouldnt mind 2, im just growing impatient.

lazer

I am also building one inside of a dorcy flashlight.  Rkcstr has some very small drivers that are perfect. If you do build your own from your psp be very careful when removing the diode.  It is fragile.  

Sorry, you misunderstood or I mistyped. I have a thread in the BST section offering and original psp for a blu ray laser. I have a couple of people who are willing to trade. Im sending out pics at the moment. My other option would be to buy the parts and build the laser mysefl but after building my red I seriously have no interest in the bs that comes with building my own. But I like the satisfaction of doing it myself.

lazer

Sorry my falt I didnt read it right. If you really want to you could trade your psp but I would suggest building it yourself scince it would only cost around 50 bucks for a driver from rkcstr, a diode from psxboy, and a housing like the dorcy 1w flashlight. You would only have to solder these pieces together and take about an hour tops.

I would also need a heatsink custom made.

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1226875831

If you look at that thread, I want a laser similar to that one, I just dont have 199.00 to spare.
I want mine to be able to come apart just like that. If I knew exactly what to buy to replicate that I would just order the parts. I can start ordering everything right now, just need to find them in the threads.

Double Post.....my bad.

gathering a parts list right now of what I think I need, just trying to find sources to get it on here to grab the parts.

lazer

Look up laser heatsinks on ebay.  That is were I got mine.  Check the fourms for flexdrives rkcstr sells very small rectangular drivers.  The cheapest place to get diodes seems to be from psxboy.  The host shone on that link is about the same size as the dorcy flashlight you mensioned earlier.

really? that dorcy looked huge in comparison. it uses three trips for power as to one 3.0 volt lithium.

But im looking for things right now. I assume the people here are good about being legit and shipping things out. I saw the micro flex drivers that will fit pens. I have a pen for a host but dont understand how I will get the push button working unless theres one on the flex driver. Also it will need to run off 3 volts.

But thanks for your help so far.

Just not sure how to go about paying. My paypal account is linked to my bank accoutn and Ive on ebay or from online stores with my credit card number and I wont be giving that out lol.

lazer

Sorry ::) youre right I gave the wrong link.

lazer said:
Sorry ::) youre right I gave the wrong link.

its fine... ive looked around... A LOT... had that on my favorites...

ive used the flashlight in the link u put... the only part that screws off is the end to put the batteries in.... i had to break out the reflector and the LEDs in the front... there isnt even a lip to hold that stuff in... pretty much a press fit.... i used the LEDs for something else, clicky broke, n now all the things good for is scrap metal