Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEED CORE

M

Mac

I'm look for a CHEAP core(5mW) if you have one, tell me please

roarg

Well, they are generally hard to get right now, after they send them to people who paid, theres still people who need to recive the free ones...

btw does it HAVE to be a CORE?

FokoF

Well if you in the UK or are willing to wait you can get them from Bluesky Marketing(not a plug so plz dont kick me mods :D) www.blueskymarketing.co.uk/mega_green/index.htm

****EDIT FIXED LINK****

{Fokop - You are in the wrong place to be worried about being banned for posting links to laser stuff !!!!}

Comidt

I have a Core and I'm not so happy with it :mad:
It mode hops, so I sent laserpointer.com e-mail and they took like one week to respond and sent me an Rma number, so I am sticking it back in it's box and sending it to Callicoon Center, New York.
They are such cheap-skates. they keep the Cores in China, then when you order, they send it to someone in New York, who ships it out to You, "shipped from the usa" i suppose it's true. They charge $10 international shipping and on the package that it comes in, it says $4.50, so the other $5.50 is to ship it from China to the USA.
If you are gonna get one, make sure you e-mail and instruct them to end the proper plastic case.
Jonno

Comidt said:
I have a Core and I'm not so happy with it :mad:
It mode hops, so I sent laserpointer.com e-mail and they took like one week to respond and sent me an Rma number, so I am sticking it back in it's box and sending it to Callicoon Center, New York.
They are such cheap-skates. they keep the Cores in China, then when you order, they send it to someone in New York, who ships it out to You, "shipped from the usa" i suppose it's true. They charge $10 international shipping and on the package that it comes in, it says $4.50, so the other $5.50 is to ship it from China to the USA.
If you are gonna get one, make sure you e-mail and instruct them to end the proper plastic case.
Jonno

Yeah, there was a delay before they were able to ship out the plastic cases. The first 4 I got came without them, but the free one I just got came with it. If you got one without the case you can e-mail them and have them send you a new one.

I'm a bit surprised about the mode hopping though.. that's usually not a problem with 5mWs. I guess you just got extremely (un)lucky.

As for the US/China thing, that's because a large amount of the Cores are ordered from the US. When they charge $20 a package to get lasers EMSed from China, it makes sense to instead ship a large quantity via slow shipping to the US, and then instead pay the $4.60 a pop on priority mail. In those quantities though, the per unit cost of shipping from China to US will be next to nothing.
(They did this when they started to offer the cheap leadlights last year. Sent them over here to JD/Gadgeteer in Ponder, TX to ship them out priority. I think he got a few thousand from them IIRC)

FokoF

NOTE TO SELF- No need to stress about pluging laser companies(unlike some other forums ::) wont mention names *cough*WL forum*cough*cough* ;D
Thanks Sen

S

SenKat

Heh  ;)  No probs man :)  VERY liberal forum here - just no F-bombs, por no gra phy (without approval) {KIDDING !! LOL !!} And keep the member bashing to a minimum - and definitely NO SCAMMING PEEPS !  :D  It's all good - we have a blast here, and enjoy some excellent lasers as well as lots of other stuff !  :cool:

I bought one off eBay from a seller named guitmath for $40 including shipping. I am quite happy with it.

-- Rev

M

Mac

SenKat said:
They currently sell them there - no idea if they are on back order or not - but give it a shot if you like - laserpointer dot com

Thanks, ill get one sometime next week.

my cores (one for me, one for my girlfriend) took over 4 weeks to ship!! but they are nice 5mW greens, haven't broken on me yet (though one of them did need tinfoil in the endcap) and seem a hint brighter than my other <5mW green so...:) they actually came the same day as a much later WL order, and the new shiny high powered lasers (one of which is currently on it's way back to china for an RMA) made me not notice the other package which had the cores in it!

Daedal

Honestly... a Leadlight is pretty much THE best bet for a low-cost high-quality green laser... I have literally smashed my AtlasNova and my Leadlight so many time it's not even funny at this point! My suggestion will always be to go with Leadlight versus the WL's Core, especially following Pseudo's nice comparison showing the superiority of the Leadlight over the cheaply and barely-within-spec made Core... :-?

The choice is still that of the buyer though :)

GL;
DDL