Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need commend a Laser power measure machine

Hi
I want to buy a Laser power measure machine that can let me know the precisely power of a laser.

I have to test 0.1mW - 3000mW, anyone could recommend one to me ?

What specification should be notice when I buy it ?

Thank you.

sinner

You should also mention what purpose you're purchasing the Laser power measuring machine, or in simple language as we all call it LPM (Laser Power Meter)

- A hobby LPM will cost you 250~300 bucks.
- For Professional Measurements i am not familiar with much of the latest ones but there are some Scientec LPM's that are for sale in Daguin's Sale, He still has 2 left.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/round-ii-daguin-inventory-reduction-sale-80264.html

I am curious about 0.1mW - 3000mW+ which makes me feel like you're talking about measuring your

1-5mW red pens
and in between 532 pens, 445's and 9mm's that maxes out 3W since your 3W requirement!!

If you want a DIY solution, You can also buy a $195 ophir head but you'll have to create a power supply +9v/gnd/-9v power supply or buy one of addons to make it datalog the readings..

You should also mention what purpose you're purchasing the Laser power measuring machine, or in simple language as we all call it LPM (Laser Power Meter)

- A hobby LPM will cost you 250~300 bucks.
- For Professional Measurements i am not familiar with much of the latest ones but there are some Scientec LPM's that are for sale in Daguin's Sale, He still has 2 left.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/round-ii-daguin-inventory-reduction-sale-80264.html

I am curious about 0.1mW - 3000mW+ which makes me feel like you're talking about measuring your

1-5mW red pens
and in between 532 pens, 445's and 9mm's that maxes out 3W since your 3W requirement!!

If you want a DIY solution, You can also buy a $195 ophir head but you'll have to create a power supply +9v/gnd/-9v power supply or buy one of addons to make it datalog the readings..
Thanks for your reply.

For some reasons, I have many different lasers, some laser maybe 1mW, some maybe 2000mW. So I need one LPM or laserbee that can test every laser to know their actual power.

norbyx

Thanks for your reply.

For some reasons, I have many different lasers, some laser maybe 1mW, some maybe 2000mW. So I need one LPM or laserbee that can test every laser to know their actual power.

The laserbee is just a brand of LPM.... be carefull since some don't mesure very low power lasers such as 1mw. The laserbeeII for example wont read anything under 3mw, the laserbee I minimum is 5mw. So in order to measure some 1mW lasers you would need a sensor like the Laserbee HLPM, but the top power for that would be 200mw.. the ophir sensor will go all the way up to 4W or 20W if cooled, but minimum power will be 20mw... you have to do some research to see exactly what you will need.

Products

What about this one ?

They said they can measure 0.1 mW up to 1000mw then goes to 1mW precision and measure wavelengths form 300nm to 1200nm.

No, read it again:

"Tests most Lasers from 3mW to 3200mW output power Display resolution in 0.1mW increments to 999.9mW then in 1mW increments to 3200mW."

[3mW, 1W) in 0.1mW increments
[1W, 3.2W] in 1mW increments

All our Laserbee LPM product Thermopiles can measure wavelengths form 300nm to 1200nm.The power precision is to 1mW. The LaserBee II can measure
0.1 mW up to 1000mw then goes to 1mW precision.

This is what they reply us.

My need is it can measure 1000mW is OK.

The laserbee is just a brand of LPM.... be carefull since some don't mesure very low power lasers such as 1mw. The laserbeeII for example wont read anything under 3mw, the laserbee I minimum is 5mw. So in order to measure some 1mW lasers you would need a sensor like the Laserbee HLPM, but the top power for that would be 200mw.. the ophir sensor will go all the way up to 4W or 20W if cooled, but minimum power will be 20mw... you have to do some research to see exactly what you will need.

The entry level 2W LaserBee A....LaserBee 2.5W USB....
LaserBee 3.7W USB and the new 3W LaserBee AX can all
measure down to 1mW.

All our Laserbee LPM product Thermopiles can measure wavelengths form 300nm to 1200nm.The power precision is to 1mW. The LaserBee II can measure

Your question to us was not the Range but the Precision of our
LPMs.

We were sure that you read our website page and understood
that the LaserBee II's Range starts at 3mW with 0.1mw precision
up to 999.9mW as is clearly stated on our website for that product...

Jerry

Last edited:

tonyt

My need is it can measure 1000mW is OK.

It is ok.. As long as you do not need to measure smaller than 3mW. It should be ok for what you need.
Laserbee is a good LPM.

I suggest you get a Laserbee 3.7W USB.

Last edited:
If he absolutely must measure down to 1mW and
doesn't need data logging and only wants to measure
to 1000mW then the least expensive LaserBee LPM
would be the 2W LaserBee A or the LaserBee 2.5W USB
if he does need Data Logging.

Jerry

Last edited:
I cannot imagine a scenario in which a hobbyist would need to be precise about a 1mW laser, unless he's worried about Aussie Customs.

The LaserBee products which can go down to 3mW are more than adequate for our needs.

If OP was in a lab situation where more precision was called for, I'd imagine he'd not be a new member and asking about 1/10 mW measurements.

Just sayin'...

I cannot imagine a scenario in which a hobbyist would need to be precise about a 1mW laser, unless he's worried about Aussie Customs.

The LaserBee products which can go down to 3mW are more than adequate for our needs.

If OP was in a lab situation where more precision was called for, I'd imagine he'd not be a new member and asking about 1/10 mW measurements.

Just sayin'...

I can't agree with you more...
If someone needs to precisely measure under 1mW and
up to 1Watt or more then it would be advantageous for
them to buy a commercial NIST traceable LPM for ~$2000.00

Jerry

norbyx

What is the 3w laserbee AX I don't seem to find it anywhere ?

norbyx

Check your eBay listing. It says it can measure up to 3.1w than in the spec list it says just 2000mw....!!!!